Chapter 6

Yuno and Marx sat in comfortable silence, as they kept checking on the boy who they had just found, Asta. They waited for Julius who had informed all the Magic Knights to come back from the search.
"Marx-Sama....what do you think this bracelet is?"
Yuno glanced at a dull green and Turquoise bracelet, made out of thick rope. It was tied onto Asta's left wrist.
"I'm not sure. We have to ask Julius. Speaking of Julius, he hasn't arrived yet. He could've just flown here or something."
Marx got off his chair.
"That little shit of a kid. He's always Upto something."
The blue haired man walked to the door.
"Marx-Sama..are you allowed to call the wizard king something like that?"
"No matter how respected he is, I'm technically still elder than him. But don't tell anyone I call him that, haha..."
Marx shut the door and left Yuno and Asta alone in the room. Yuno turned to his friend who was still asleep. He couldn't help but notice that his hair had gotten a little spikier. He reached out to his hair, and slightly ruffled it.
It's definitely become rougher. Does he even take a hair wash?
Yuno was a little dissapointed, as he expected soft hair that would blow with the wind, and fly along his movements. It was a lot smoother when they were young.

The male didn't realize that his hand was still in his hair, and pulled his hand out. There was a slight blush in his cheeks, since it had been a long time since he had made a single physical interaction with his childhood friend.
"YUNO! WHERE ARE YOUU?!"
Came a shrill and familiar voice. His room door then slammed open, revealing Bell, Mimosa, and Klaus.
"Asta!"
Mimosa ran up to the sleeping boy, and crouched down beside him.
"Is he okay? Nothing happened to him right?"
Klaus walked up-to Yuno and placed his hands on his shoulders.
"How did you find him?"
Asked a third voice. Bell, Yuno, Klaus and Mimosa turned towards the voice.
"maho....MAHODEI!"
They all yelled at the same time.
A small kid with blonde hair and blue eyes, waved back at them. Everyone was puzzled at how young he looked. He was atleast in his thirties, but he looked like a 10 year old.
"Hey, fellow Magic Knights. Don't be surprised, I just wanted to check on him."

------------------------------------------------°°°

It had been thirty minutes since Julius came and left. Yuno was once again alone with Asta.

Mahodei said that the string had something to do with a signal. Like...a signal to show changes in Asta's body.
Yuno didn't quite understand if they should remove this or keep this. If this is bad or good. Yuno tilted his head up to check on the rustling noise he heard.
"Asta?"

Yuno saw the boy's left hand tugging onto the green rope, and he had a tense face. The green rope started to turn red, the harder he tried to remove it. Yuno instinctively grabbed Asta's left hand, and stopped him from pulling on it even more.

Asta's teeth clenched, revealing his sharp devil tooth on one side. Yuno was taken back, but still kept a hold on Asta's hand.
He could wake up soon....
He thought.

All the movements came to a standstill. After a while of silence, Yuno got up and went to find an adult. He wouldn't be able to handle this alone. He stepped out of his room, leaving the door opened. The boy quickly walked down the hallway.
"Yuno?"
A voice echoed across the corridor. A really familiar one. One he hadn't heard for days.

He turned around, and there was the boy, gripping his wrist and leaning his shoulder on a wall. He looked as shocked as Yuno.
"Yuno, where..."
Asta took a step forward and tripped, and was caught by Yuno's hands. The taller male pulled him into a tight embrace.
"What's wrong? Is something wrong?"
"No, it's nothing.."
They both stayed in the hug for a while. When Yuno pulled away, he was net by two wide eyes. One green, and the other red, like in his dream. He stepped back, realizing how close he was.
"Are you feeling okay,

Asta?"