Chapter 33

ARISTIA'S POV

"Do you still regret being married to me?" I said and he was caught by surprised by this question.

"Oh, little lamb, you don't want to have this conversation" he said and was about to stand up, but I held his shirt. Hoping he won't deny my questions.

"I want to know" I said, and he sighed deeply.

"Aristia, I cannot give you what you want. I cannot love you" he said, and my body felt numb.

"I don't understand, everything you say contradicts what you do" I said.

"I have very strong feelings for you, I will not deny that. But I am not capable of love, I don't think I will ever will" he said and something inside me just didn't care.

"Latria mu, I am not someone you want to love" he said, and I shook my head in disagreement. He stood up and so did I, standing in his way, he's eyes darken.

"I killed, to save other and for my personal gain. I am not a good person, I maybe a guardian but I will not hesitate to kill. I have wickedness inside me." He said, I didn't look away from him.

"It doesn't matter" I said, it was like he was restraining himself.

"What I feel for you is not love, it's obsession, it's possessiveness. It's driving me mad, I want you to myself. If I have to burn this realm to do so, I will not hesitate" he said and that just made my heartbeat faster. It sounds so frighting and toxic, but I wanted everything he has to offer. The good and the bad.

"I will only ruin you, your pure heart. You are so innocent, so untainted" he said, his hand on my waist, pulling me closer to him. My breathing hitched.

"Tell me to leave, tell me to break our bond. I will do so, just tell me" he said, and I leaned to kiss his lips. I melted in his arms, his gentle touch. His moist lips, shattering all the fear and uncertainty inside me. Making me feel safe, that he will never let anything happen to me.

"I want you, I don't care if you're not good for me. As long as your mine, everything else does not matter" I said, and he was surprised by this.

"You don't mean that little lamb" he said, and I shook my head.

"I love you Raynar, with every fiber of my being. I don't care if you can't love me, as long as your mine and I'm yours. It is more than enough for me" I said, and his forehead was against mine. Feeling his delicious breath on my face.

"I've always been yours, you have no idea what control you have over me" he said taking the gems out of my hair one by one. Not breaking eye contact, I moaned in relief as he took my hair down. Removing the tiara that was stabbing my head. His fingers send shockwaves as he gently massages my sore scalp.

"If that's true, why are you spending time with Casindra?" I asked and I felt jealousy rising in my chest. He chuckled, his thumb touching my lower lip.

"She's irrelevant, I just used her to get information about the assassinations" he said, and I can't believe he did that. So, she is involved, there was an itch in the back of my mind.

"Latria mu, I may not be capable of loving you. But you own me, all of me, I'm willing to do anything to protect you. There was never another woman" he said, gently planting kisses on my cheek.

"I thought you hated me" I said, remembering his cold tone and ice-cold stares.

"I hate the thought of not having you" he said and gently removed the necklace from my neck. Placing it on a table nearby.