Chapter 41

ARISTIA'S POV

I could tell it was them; I could feel them this time. Were they masking their presence? I heard them gasp when the beast grabbed my coat, revealing my body. I swing my sword, trying to get the blood off of it. It didn't; I need to wash it.

"Aristia," I could hear Raynar say, my face hardening. That name it was so long ago since I heard someone use that name. A smirk forms on my lips; If I can't get away from all of you, then I will torture you until you leave. I thought.

I turned to face them, they were shocked, but they weren't expecting to see me alive, I assume.

"Hello, Raynar," I said, and Aegeus tried to come closer. I swung my sword at him, and his arm took the hit.

"Not a step closer, "I threatened him, and he was confused. He didn't come any closer, holding his arm. I focused my gaze on Raynar; everything around us didn't matter. There was only one thought in my head, revenge.

"Aristia, what happened to you?" Aegeus said, and I chuckled; I signaled Zuri to come to me. What happened to me? Son of a bitch has the nerve to ask me that?

"You mean, what you did to me?" I said as I rode on Zuri. I needed a swim leading her back to the lake; the blood irritated me. I knew they would follow me, so I didn't bother telling them where I was going. I could hear them already behind me as I reached the lake. I went down to Zuri and placed my sword on her.

"We need to talk," Aegeus said. I didn't listen; I started to remove my plates.

"Are you going to watch me bathe?" I asked, not caring if they saw me naked; they all looked away. I removed my last clothing, and I could feel them leave. They were nearby. This reminded me of the times I did this, and he would always be there to take the chance with me. That asshole was taking advantage of me.

"Was that really her?" I hear Val ask Aegeus.

"She looks different," Aegeus said.

"She killed that monster and enjoyed it," Lael said coldly.

"How did she become like this" Val said, sighing. Right, you guys wanted me to stay foolish, so I would still believe every word you say.

"Her eyes were red," I heard Raynar say in a deep sexy voice. The voice he used to call another woman's name. It used to bother me, but now I just want to get my revenge against them while saving their realm. I quickly washed myself and put on my clothes and plates. I took out a vile from my leg brace and Nightshade. Poison for humans, but for me, it helps me not to fall asleep. I've used it since I left; nightmares are my worst enemy when sleeping. It tricks my body into thinking I've already slept, I was told not to use it all the time, or I'll collapse, but I never did. I don't sleep; I don't trust anyone.

I walk towards them; they stop talking.

"If you're going to talk about me, make sure I can't hear it," I said, sitting in the log on the ground. They turn their heads to look at me.

"Aristia, where have you been," Aegeus asked, but I ignored him; I can't answer that question; I mean, I don't want to. His face was getting angrier.

"Aristia, what made you change like this" Val asks, his voice holding no compassion. I didn't answer; I hated them and wanted to kill them.

"Your eyes were red earlier, and now it is Gold," Val said, and I smiled at him. I stood up, flipping my hair as I walked towards him.

"It turns red when I really want to kill something or... someone," I trailed off, making sure to revert my eyes to red, showing them how I wanted to kill them right now.