Chapter 42

ARISTIA'S POV

Snowstorms, the aggressive winds hit the windows. The coldness of the room envelopes me. I could see how thick the snow was piling on the balcony. I trained hard; part of that training was facing my weaknesses. I did, except snow will weaken me one way or another; I was taught to surround myself with fire to help, but how can I do that if I'm weak? The Goddess of snow, Chione, wasn't very fond of me either. She made that clear when I met her. I just had to endure it as much as possible; I hate having a weakness.

The hidden kingdom of the Guardians, only we can see it and enter it. Unless they bring servants, they must put on a bracelet to get in. The bracelet contains a bit of their blood so the kingdom will recognize them and let them enter. I was not too fond of the idea of staying here; the past two days were terrible. Aegeus started to give me the cold shoulder, and they all started to treat me like I didn't exist. Why do I need to stay here? I've had duels with Aegeus, Val, and Lael; I realized what Asklepios said.

"You may take down a minor God, you may think you strong enough to take everyone that crosses your path, but killing one of the original Gods will take you down instantly, not killing you but draining you, and it will take months for you to recover," He said, I just listen to him as he lectures me again.

"Athenasia, I know you'll try to show the guardians that you're strong and don't need them, but they have the same strength as you. They also trained harder. They also have the powers of Hephaestus, Poseidon, Gaea, and Aelous. They might not have them all like you, but they will always match you." He said, and I laughed. Match me?

"Oh, Athenasia, your source is them. If they die, you'll lose your elements. When you were born, the gods that granted power to the Guardians thought that to prevent guardians from killing each other for power, they made it so that if they killed you, they would lose theirs, and if you killed them, you would lose yours," he said; my face hardens. Does he mean we're connected?

"If someone else kills me?" I ask

"They still lose their powers; that's why your need to protect each other. Compare it to a temple. What will happen if one of the columns falls?" he asks, trying to treat me like a child.

"Everything collapsed," I said, and he smiled at me.

I tried to prove I could defeat them, but it was useless; they can't be seduced or tricked; if I use my powers, they counter it with the same amount I have. I was getting frustrated; I'm powerful enough to kill gods but not guardians. Or is it a part of me holding back, not wanting to hurt them? I didn't get to duel with Raynar; It's either I avoid him, or he avoids me. I wouldn't have it any other way; it was better like that.

I went outside the castle despite the snow and was suffocating inside. I needed air; this time, freezing air greeted me. I closed my eyes and stood there to embrace the blizzard. I could feel my powers sleeping; I couldn't wake it up. I start to make my way inside, trying to get warmer. Nothing works.

"Having trouble" I heard a familiar voice; I kept walking, but he followed me.

"You know, I can help, but only if you beg," He said mockingly; how dare he! Does he think I would let him touch me?! I could feel him stare at me, but I continued to get away from him, not knowing where my feet were taking me.

"Latria mu," he said, his voice so sweet. I snap my head around to face him.

"You don't get to call me that," I said coldly; he didn't seem fazed by it. He looks at me lazily and smirks.

"But you liked it," He said, and I raised my eyebrow. Does he think I still have feelings for him?

"That was the naive girl Raynar. Fortunately, she's dead," I said, anger lacing my force; he dared to mock me?! He walked away as I said he didn't feel any ounce of conscience about what he did to me. How had he hurt me? He didn't explain or apologize. Not that any of that matters anymore. He stopped walking and turned to me, his red eyes staring intensely at me.