Chapter Seventeen

Important A/N at the end please read...

-

 Gamophobia: the fear of getting married, being in a relationship, or commitment. Today I self-diagnosed myself with this phobia as I watched with concern a stressful Eleanor Calder pace back and forth.

If this was going to be me on my wedding day, someone save my soul and slap me across the face to snap me out of this madness. I thought weddings were meant to be enjoyable? Not something you were readily to rip your hair out over.

"Oh Clara what am I going to do?" El yelled out exasperated, swiping away the loose strands of her brown hair that had fallen out of her thrown up bun.

"Umm about what exactly?" I asked nervously with my voice rising uneasily high at the end of the sentence. El paused in her tracks and whipped around to face me, I gulped nervously, 'what did I do?'

"Seriously Clara? Weren't you just listening to what I said?" She cried out almost looking like she was about to burst into tears, god help me if that happens, how do you even comfort a person? Let alone a stressful bride who endangered anyone in a ten-metre radius.

My face went blank as I guiltily bit my lip, signalling that I may or may not have zoned out. Eleanor groaned while cupping her flawless skin with her pale hands as she collapsed next to me on the couch of her home.

I felt a twinge of guilt admitting this but I found Eleanor oddly fascinating to watch at the moment like live television. It had been two months since the engagement and she is already stressed over the type of napkins needed for her reception.

"El have you and Louis even planned a set date yet?" I asked in disbelief. El slumped back into the couch and lazily stared off into the distance with her brown hazel eyes.

"Well under the circumstances of Louis' job not to mention the type of weather, we decided on the date September the 23rd." She trailed of mindlessly while my mouth reached the ground as my brown eyebrows scrunched together and I stared at her shockingly.

"SEPTEMBER THE 23RD? EL! That is five to six months away for crying aloud!" I yelled at her exasperated while I could make out visible tears threatening to pool in her big doe eyes. No wonder why she was stressed! That date was realistically not a long way away. Some people can take a whole year to plan a wedding!

"I know, but I just don't want to wait any longer. Louis is the one I know he is, he is the first guy I could picture a future with, he is the guy I want to grow old with and have kids with! I love him and I want to marry him as soon as possible." She stated with a sickening smile on her face.

Each word she spoke, my small fingers would grip tighter into my legs most likely to the point where my blood flow was probably being restricted. I grinded my teeth while my insides boiled and overflowed with jealousy.

Louis was the boy I have loved all my life. To me he was so much more than a friend; everything Eleanor had described was all I have ever wanted with him. Each day I spend with him made me love him more and only crave him more. In less than six months, he will be gone and out of my reach... My heart panged painfully in sorrow at the thought. If you love something set it free right?

Eleanor was quick to change the topic as she lifted herself off of the couch once more and went over to her coffee table to collect a fat scrapbook and made a beeline back over to me as she plopped down onto the couch causing it to bump around a little bit.

I eyed the book nervously and twiddled with a strand of my brown hair as I read the title: 'Wedding Themes."

El began to flick through the pages with a focused expression on her face as she fell into the 'Wedding Planning Zone.'