Chapter 20

Marinette thought for a moment. Last night, Adrien had asked her what her response would be if he asked her to be his girlfriend. Now here he was again today asking the question again. Formulating a response, she turned toward him, her books for science in her arms. It was easy to see that he was beating himself up for asking and merely trying to mask the anxiety he felt for asking. Was he really that nervous?

"That depends Chaton. Are you going to treat me well?" That answer seemed to have worked some sort of magic, as the boy smiled and every muscle on his body visibly relaxed.

"Like a princess." This was a new side to Adrien, and Marinette couldn't help but like it. This boy was so much more of a flirt than she had imagined him being. Not that it was bad thing.

"Well then, I guess I could consider it." Mari replied, brushing her finger along the bottom of his chin before walking away toward the door to head to class. There was no doubt that her Ladybug was showing, but this felt more real than the few years she had spent crushing over the model. Adrien quickly caught up with her, but before she could head out the door he blocked her path. He took her in his grasp, his fingers pressing into her back as he pulled her against him.

"So, does this mean I can ask you to be mine?" This boy was eager, wasn't he? Marinette smiled to herself before propping herself up on her tip toes and placing a kiss against Adrien's cheek.

"How's that for an answer?" She kept her voice light and fun as she stepped away from him and leaving the locker room. Who knew that she herself could be such a flirt as well? By the time they got to science, Marinette had her fingers interlaced with Adrien's. The class nearly erupted in cheers when the two came through the door, separating only when they went to sit down at their assigned seats.

"Seriously!? What is going on between you and Adrien?" Alya interrogated as Mari sat down in her seat behind, her newly established boyfriend.

"It's complicated Alya." Marinette replied, pulling out her papers and sneaking another glance at Adrien. She could tell that Alya didn't believe her, but Marinette wasn't sure how she would explain the situation to her best friend. Class went by very quickly, and it was obvious that Mari got nothing out of the lecture as her mind had been wrapped up in more thoughts of Adrien. Hand in hand, Mari walked with Adrien to the rest of their classes. Rumor went around quickly of how the two got together, but Mari didn't care about that. She had her prince and her partner. By the end of the day, Marinette was on cloud nine. She was dating Adrien Agreste! Chat Noir was her boyfriend. Thankfully, the day had gone without a hitch, but Mari found herself bored as she attempted to do her homework. By the time she got done with her homework and ate dinner, Marinette was tired. Unfortunately, she had patrol tonight. Transforming, Ladybug made her exit and trekked to the Eiffel tower. Paris was quiet, giving Ladybug time to just sit and enjoy the sunset. All the memories of the past few days were on the forefront of her mind now. It was time for her to address them. The beautiful dress, the music, but most of all how she finally fell in love with Chat Noir. She never thought there would be a day when she would have emotions other than friendship attached to him, but she was wrong. There was so much more to him than she had realized. Then there was today, when more of Adrien's Chat Noir side shone through. The two boys were exactly the same because they were the same. It just took her so long to put it together.

"May I join you Bugaboo?" Chat's voice interrupted the quiet. Ladybug turned around to see her boyfriend, grinning brightly.

"I was actually just about to head home, but if you're here, I'm willing to stay a bit longer." Ladybug said getting to her feet and approaching her partner.

"Well good, cause I believe you still owe me a dance." Chat replied wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her close.

"A dance?"

"Yeah. There is still one scene left of Beauty and the Beast." The tip of his nose brushed against her forehead as her own hands found the back of his shoulder blades.

"And which scene is that?"

"The tale as old as time." Chat stepped back from her and bowed allowing his transformation to fall. Ladybug was surprised to see Adrien dressed so sharply. He wore a very elegant black suit, with a yellow tie. While green accenting adorned the cuffs and collar. Where on earth did he get that!?

"Adrien! You make me feel completely under dressed for an occasion such as this." Ladybug giggled gazing down at her skin-tight super suit. Suddenly, she felt the rush of magic run over her body. What in the world!? When the bright lights dissipated, Marinette stood in the same ladybug dress she had worn earlier. How!? Tikki. To her surprise, her mask was gone, and her hair was pulled back into a nice half ponytail with a red ribbon. That explained how Adrien had done the change as well. They were still transformed, but the outfit was changed.

"So, how about a dance then Princess?" Adrien extended his hand toward her gracefully, and Marinette couldn't help the blush that spread across her face before taking his hand. Straightening up, Adrien pulled her in and set them up, for round two of a ballroom dance. This time, in modern Paris, atop the Eiffel tower. Though there was no music, Marinette found herself enjoying the steps just the same. Her hair and dress fanned out as she spun and came back to her partner's grasp. It was magical, and she never wanted to leave this moment or forget the memory down the road. She felt Adrien's hand on her waist as he tugged her toward him, rapidly closing the distance between them.

"So, what do think? Are we going to live happily ever after M'lady?" Adrien whispered sweetly. She knew what he was doing and in turn knew just how to answer.

"Of course, my dear. Of course." She replied brushing the side of her finger down the bridge of his nose. The couple laughed to themselves before settling down into the comfort they had within each other's arms. Marinette smiled with a sigh as she laid her head against her boyfriend's chest. How long had she been waiting for this? The moment was brief before Adrien shifted and stepped away slightly. Had she done something wrong...? Op nevermind. Mari's lips met Adrien's for another kiss. Yup, this was it. No doubt in her mind that this would be their true happily ever after.