13

Liam Rawley

I looked through my flashcards for the speech that I was supposed to give during the assembly and I have never been this nervous to go to school.

"What are those?"Brady pointed at my flashcards.

"It's for my speech," I said.

"Right," He mumbled," Mr. Vice President have  to keep himself busy."

"I'm very nervous," I said honestly.

"I'm sure you'll do great."He pulled over at the school. I was about to get out of the car but he stopped me, "You should have this."He took off his watch and gave it to me, "It's my good luck charm."

I looked at the watch and it was a vintage Rolex watch. It looked kinda pricey for someone working at the sheriff's station.

"It was my dad's."He added, "So if you're nervous just look at it and you can know that I'm rooting for you at the station." He said with a smile, "Don't loose it tho

"Thank you, Brady."I said genuinely, "This is...I appreciate it."

"You should get inside."He suggested.

"Yeah," I nodded, "I'll see you later for some Dexter time."

"Cool."He said casually and I got out of the car to go prepare with Tess.

I went inside the prep room and walked into Tess panicking over something while the others comfort her. She was wearing shades and that was kinda suspicious for her.

"What's wrong?"I asked her.

"This happened."She took off her glasses to show us her swollen eyes, "Someone spike nuts in my food. I'm allergic to nuts."

"It's not that bad," I assured.

It was terrible.

"Yeah, "Laurel agreed, "We can use make-up."

"Like make-up is gonna work on this," Dan mumbled sarcastically.

"I say that you should go out there like this," Roy suggested.

"What if people laugh at me?"She said in a worried tone.

Roy went on his knees to face Tess, who was sitting on the chair, "No one loves you for your looks even though you're smoking. People love you because of your awesome personality."He explained, "That's why I love you."

"You do?"She asked in a surprised tone.

"I'll be crazy not to," Roy assured.

"I love you too."She said and hugged her boyfriend. She let go of him fast tho, "Okay, we have an election to win."

All of us couldn't help but smile at what just happened. Roy was really great to Tess because of how supportive he was and if I ever get a boyfriend, I would like him to be like Roy...but not Roy. Don't get me wrong, he is attractive but he's...Roy. He's an idiot but we love him for that.

I went on stage with Tess and we sat on a seat that for the three candidates and some teachers with the principal.

Cindy was the first one to start her speech, "Vote for me because I'm obviously the best candidate. I'll make sure that everyone's voices will be heard."

"What the fuck?"Tess muttered during Cindy's speech.

"What?"I asked.

"That's my speech."She clenched her teeth," She stole it. She must have gotten to my computer."