39

Liam Rawley

Being able to walk to school without worrying about Ryan and his friends felt amazing.

Brady told me a bit of his misadventures with Ryan and told me that they made a deal that Ryan will leave me alone.

Brady still had a bad feeling and decided to follow me from a distance in his car but nothing really happened on the way.

"I'm fine."I mouthed to Brady near the door as he was still inside the car.

He nodded with his face still looking all worried and I waved him goodbye before entering the building.

"So, you and Brady back together now? That's awesome!"Roy kept up with my pace and followed me out of nowhere.

"We're not."I said and stopped when I reached my locker and saw that Roy was pouting, "We're just friends."

It hurt me to say that but I just couldn't bring myself to get back together with him after everything that went down. I had to learn the hard way that we didn't work together. The both of us just had way too many things to worry about without adding more problems by being together.

"How is he?"Roy asked seriously, "I mean, we did though that he was dead a few weeks ago."

"He got a couple of bruises, a black eye, and said that someone backstabbed him, I'm sure he's great," I said sarcastically.

"Didn't take you as the dark humor kind of guy."He said.

"I'm not."I assured him, "I'm worried about him but I can't ask him about that or he might disappear for another three weeks."

My relationship with Brady had come to a point that I felt scared to ask him anything personal because I was scared that I might lose him again. As much as tried to not care about him, I just could not do that.

Brady Hutton

The first day back and the sheriff already threw a bunch of paperwork on my desk. He was still pissed at me for being such a dick to his son and thought that it would be great for me to have a few more weeks on the desk.

"Asshole."A deputy muttered under her breath as she passed me by with a mug of coffee in her hand.

"Excuse me?"I said bitterly, "Do you have a problem with me?"

"Deputy Brady Hutton."She said angrily, "I'm Paula and I took your spot as Liam's driver for a while. He told me what happened and you're a dick."

"It's more complicated than me just being a dick."I pointed out.

"Sounds to me that you were just insecure of your personal affairs that you decided to take it out on a perfectly nice kid."She explained rather harshly.

I was kinda hurt that Liam would tell her about our relationship just like that but I also didn't blame him.

"Fine, I was a dick. I learned my lesson."I gave up on arguing with her, "Don't you have any work to do?"

"I'm also working on the desk today."She mentioned, "I fractured a rib or something yesterday."

"That's fucking awesome."I said not genuinely, "I so needed this."

"Oh fuck off."She grabbed a file.

My phone then rang and I glared at her before picking it up.

"Hello?"I asked.

"Is this Mr. Hutton?"The lady asked, "I'm from the George Hill Medical Centre. You are listed in Ryan Finley emergency contact."

"Yes, what is the problem?"I asked.

"He overdosed from cocaine."She mentioned, "We need someone here right away for when he wakes up."

The news kinda broke me a little. As much of an idiot he was, I never thought Ryan was the kind of guy that would do drugs. Even so, I felt a lot crappier when I thought about how it was my fault. I said some horrible things back at the arena and that may have caused him to go to drugs.

&&&&&&&

"What do you mean I can't see him now?"I asked the nurse harshly, "You people called me just now to come here."

"I understand sir but the doctor is still doing more examination on him."She explained.

"At least tell me if he's okay," I said calmly.

"I'm sorry sir but I'm not a doctor, I can't do that."She said disappointedly.

I came so close to breaking something but I heard a voice that calmed me down.

"Brady, "Liam called softly, "I am so sorry."He hugged me tightly, "This is not your fault, okay."He cupped my face with his small hands and looked at me with his sympathetic eyes. The look was enough to make me finally being able to breathe and pulled him back into the hug.

I had told him everything on the phone and he immediately came. That gave me enough hope that we can still make this work if we wanted to. But at the moment, all I was worried about was Ryan.

"Thank you for coming, "I whispered and rested my hand on his hair as we hugged.

"Are you okay?"He whispered.

"I'm terrible."I said to Liam, "First I chased you away then I do this to Ryan. I fucking hate myself."

"Hey," He said softly, "You didn't do anything. You could have never known that he would do this."

"I'm sorry to interrupt you, sir, but can you fill out some of the paperwork for your friend."A nurse said politely.

"Yeah, sure."I grabbed the paper.

"I'll grab you some coffee," Liam said and squeezed my hand, "It's not your fault."He said again and I genuinely appreciated how much he cared about me even though we were not a thing anymore.

I nodded and watched him go.

I sat down on one of the seats and looked at the piece of paper, knowing that I didn't know a single thing about Ryan's personal details.

Name: Finely, Ryan
Age:21
Parents:

I'll just leave that blank first.

Allergies:

And that.

Occupation:

None that I could think of.