eight

I found out that Bennett is an only child, has played football since he was seven, and loves curly fries

Yesterday after he gave me his number I didn't hesistate to text him and we've been talking ever since. I mean its not everyday that someone takes an interest in me. I've got to take advantage of every opportunity that I get ya know.

My brother keeps telling me not to rush into things but I can't help it, he's just too sweet. Plus he's pretty much the only boy who has shown me any attention that's not irritatingly related to me cough cough Jason. I mean of course I'm being careful I just hope that Chris and his little puppy dogs that follow his every move haven't corrupted him yet.

Bennett actually seems really nice and I hate to say it but genuine nice guys don't come around too often. We have the same sense of humor which is very shocking considering it consists of dry sarcasm.

We should hang out sometime.

I immediately sit up straight on the couch as my eyes widen. Talking to someone over the phone is one thing but actually having to talk to them face to face that's an entire different sport. What if we aren't the same in person. I already know I'm extremely awkward to be around but what if he is too and the entire time we don't know what to talk about.

As I go through all of the worst outcomes possible in my head, I feel my annoying, invasive older brother stand over me and break me out of my thoughts.

"I hate to brake it to you loser but you've left the poor guy on read for the past ten minutes."

Rolling my eyes at his lack of personal space I say with an attitude "yeah right, I think I would know if I left someone on re-"

I practically fall off the couch as I let out a loud yelp realizing that I have in fact left him on read for ten minutes.

I immediately type out a response along the lines of 'oh of course I'll hangout with you just please don't make me want to stab a fork into my eye in the process'.

As soon as I hit send another text comes through from the one and only Mr. Popular himself.

I need a favor.

•••••

"Please remind me why I'm here again" I say to Asher as I look out at the team of boys practicing football.

It turns out Asher's little favor was for me to go with him, Jordan, and Coach Baker as they scout out the competition, aka the Malibu football team.

"I mean I don't even go to Beverly so I truly don't understand why I'm here." I continue as I shrug my shoulders.

Asher takes his eyes off the field so that he can address my confusion for the tenth time. "like I said, you're here for moral support." he says giving me a dazzling smile.