nineteen

I think we all know that I'm really not too well versed in the sport of football however, being the good girlfriend that I am I told Bennett that I would go support him at the Combine

I think we all know that I'm really not too well versed in the sport of football however, being the good girlfriend that I am I told Bennett that I would go support him at the Combine. So that's how I ended up where I am now.

Beverly Hills High School.

"Carter?"

I turn to see Jordan calling my name. He's standing with Spencer and a few other boys from the team.

"Hey guys." I say giving them a hug.

"Uh Car. Not to be rude or anything but what are you doing here?" Spencer asks me letting his curiosity get the best of him.

I look at him confused. "You didn't hear?"

"Hear what?" he asks.

Before I could say anything one of the college recruiters walks up to us. "Spencer. I took your advice." he says to him.

Spencer looks over at me and then back at the recruiter. "about what?"

"About Crenshaw. I like a player that's not afraid of a little competition." He says motioning his head to something behind Spencer.

The boys all turn to see the Crenshaw team walking in wearing suits.

"Yeah, Crenshaw was invited too." I say awkwardly as the boys walk up to us.

Once they reach us Bennett throws his arm over my shoulder and softly kisses my cheek.

"I'll see you later boys." I say to Spencer and Jordan as we walk away.

I scan my eyes over Bennett. "You look really good."

He leans down to peck my lips. As we break apart I feel eyes on us. Turning my head to the side I catch Chris staring at us with a unreadable look on his face.

Deciding to ignore it we walk up to the locker rooms. "I'll catch up with you later." Bennett says to me as we part ways.

Deciding to explore a little bit I find myself making my way outside. The last time I was here was homecoming and we all know how that went.

I lose myself in my thoughts remembering that night when all of a sudden a body crashes into me. Before I could fall I feel strong arms wrap around my waist keeping me from meeting the ground.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I hear a familiar voice say frantically.

I look up meeting the eyes of the one person who I did not expect to see today.

"Asher?"

"Carter?"

"What are you doing here?"

We both say at the same time.

I immediately remove myself from his grip as I dust off my pants.