Chapter 8

"Huh? You know who I am right?"

"That's why I'm asking you."

I paid so much attention about hiding things related to Sarayu, and she still found out?

"Who told you about Sarayu?"

Akshara looked confused. "Who's Sarayu?"

"What were you talking about then?"

"So it's true?"

I asked, confused, "What?"

"Okay, so I wondered if you had a girlfriend or a crush, because you seemed quite moody, but you confirmed it for me! 'Sarayu', sounds old, especially for Mr. Abhi's girlfriend."

My bad luck is hitting hard today. I told her about Sarayu, she didn't find out.

"Hold up, she's not my girlfriend. Calm down."

"Don't tell me she's your crush, I'm so not interested in cheesy crush stories right now."

"Well, she is, so deal with it."

She screamed, "WHAT?"

Our mom called from downstairs, "Is everything alright, Akshu?"

"You idiot, Akshu!"

Akshara shouted downstairs, "Yeah ma, everything's fine!"

Our mom, downstairs, said to herself, "These kids was born only to give me sudden shocks, I might end up passing out because of these kids," without realizing that we were at the staircase, listening to her.

We got back into the room, and together, we started laughing. "Idiot!"

"But I don't get it, you have a crush and you still didn't tell her?"

Well, looks like she doesn't know the name of Ms. Malini's daughter.

"But for some reason, I feel like I've heard the name 'Sarayu' before."

Or maybe she's acting?

"From the movie, uh, B-Badri. Right, 'Badri'."

Well, thank the lords I remember the name of a movie twenty years old.

"Firstly, no, someone we know. Secondly, how do you remember a movie name so old, and that too, Badri?"

Two years ago...

"Kanna, let's watch a movie together, it's been a while."

"What movie, Subbu?"

Dad looked through Amazon Prime and stopped at a movie. "Badri? It's been a while, and it's really good, I mean it."

"No ways, I'd rather do work."

Present time again...

"Um, I'd do some research about the name when I have a crush, won't I?"

Akshara was thinking who it could be, and I saw a sudden brightness on her face, similar to how Rajinikanth sir reacts when that priest keeps saying that it was wrong to go to Chandramukhi's room in the middle of the prayer in the movie "Chandramukhi". 

If you are wondering how I watched "Chandramukhi" being a horror movie hater and an old movie hater, Akshara literally got a rope and tied me to a single-seating sofa when my parents went outside for a few hours for an only couples party, for the first time. Later, since Akshara was that cute little girl, everyone trusted her that we both were playing "Monopoly" and "Bingo" during those hours.

"SARAYU, THAT GIRL, MS. MALINI'S DAUGHTER!"

She found out.

"Uhh yeah," I said, with a dull voice.

"Bruh I've never even talked to her before though!"

"What should I do about that?"

We talked for several hours about Sarayu, and I went to sleep in peace. Doesn't it give a lot of relief when you tell another person about your love story?

I spent the rest of the week waiting for Saturday, and the day came.

Saturday.

I got ready and got another Indian party outfit with me because we had to go to Suresh uncle's daughter's cradle ceremony. For the first time, Akshu wanted to come to class with me, so I made a plan. 

"Sis, if you want to come with me, you have to 'sign' a contract through the word of mouth that you will come to class with me everyday, because that is what my plan demands."

"Umm, sure," she said, confused.

"And you mustn't disagree to anything I'm about to say to Subbu."

"Shut up and execute that darn plan!"

I went to the living room and started shouting, "Subbu, Subbu, Subbu, where are you, Subbu!"

"Ababababa, what's the matter Abhi ma," asked Subbu.

"Ma, why should I be the one going to music classes, make Akshara go!" Akshara widened her eyes. 

She whispered, "You f****** idiot!" I smirked, evilly.

Meanwhile, dad came. "Yeah, you should join him Akshara, you need a refreshment. I'll let the teacher know."

Akshara let out a sigh, and I put on my new pair of sunglasses, only until the car.