Chapter 10

Hi guys, I am sooooo sorry for the delay, I was trapped by schoolwork. I swear they were giving me so much work and so many exams, I studied my butt off! I'll try to update, but I will work on this full time from mid June and on, when schools are finally over! Meanwhile, quick update - a new story, "Mr. and M(r)s. Imperfects", is about to release. I'm sure you will love it, so please check it out!

~AwesomeZAS

-----------------------

July was the driest month of the entire year. There was nothing interesting. Like absolutely nothing.

Krishna left to India, and whenever I tried calling him through WhatsApp (his original number won't work in India), either he would be too busy or his internet would be bad, so I talked to him once over the summer. Meanwhile there was Rahul and there was Vaishali, who kept arguing over whether or not Sarayu's for me. There was only Akshu who I was able to talk to.

"Don't worry buddy, she'll come back in August na?"

"What will I do for the entire month Akshu?"

"I mean, you can look through the stuff you collected." Akshara received a phone call, for which she started to laugh a little. "Chalo Abhi, catch you later, bye."

I did as she told me to - I looked through the missing missing pieces of her anklets, her necklace, and her missing page. Darn, it would've been better if it was a page of her diary.

Days passed by, and for the first time, I didn't take a lesson because for the first time, I showed interest to go to Boston for my mom's younger sister's younger son's birthday (basically my brother). He was the most annoying thing ever, but I didn't care.

I had nothing to do at Ohio anyways.

And at last, August came. Mid-August.

I went to class like usual. There was a cool breeze outside. Interesting. I said the hellos and all, and Ms. Malini felt eager for something.

Sahana asked, "What happened, Ms. Malini?"

"Sarayu should come back at 9 AM today, but I don't know where she's at."

Sarayu?? She's coming back???

And there went a knock on the door.

Mr. Bhasker opened the door, and I saw her, Sarayu, in a non-traditional wear for the first time.

She wore this dull, coral-colored half-sleeved t-shirt with black pants. Not only in traditional wear, but she looked gorgeous in normal wear.

She saw us all and smiled, and at last, she looked at me, and smiled. She looked at Ms. Malini and smiled even more. Ms. Malini was about to stand up, but Sarayu shook her head "no" and smiled.

Oh she's so kind! (Okay I'll stop, you've heard enough.)

I kept looking back, my eyes followed her footsteps. And Ram noticed.

He kept poking my arm. "Ooh, lookin' at Sarayu?" he whispered.

"No, I was, just, you know?"

"Yeah I completely know, I see you every week." I looked down. Ms. Malini went to the bathroom for around five minutes. Right after she left and after the girls started talking fashion, he whispered again, "You know what? Sarayu's a good choice, but only if you impress her well, but it looks like she has noticed you."

I was confused, as usual. "What do you mean?"

Ram sat straight in front of me instead of sitting next to me like usual. "Lemme tell you a story."

"And that is?"

"Basically, this girl named, um, what's her face?"

"Oh my gosh, tell me the story!" I whisper-yelled.

"Okay okay. I think her name's Aishwarya. Aish, she called her. Aish went up to Sarayu with a 'love offer'."

"Oh my god, don't beat around the bush, just tell me!"

"Fine! Aishwarya's elder brother, Aadi, liked Sarayu and wanted to date her. Even though Sarayu rejected him for being 'too modern', Aadi kept following her at the school library, on the bus, etc."

Dang, I should've done that do. I'll do it from now on.

Wait...

I asked, "And did she fall for him?"

"Have some patience buddy. Once, she was about to go to the restroom, and Aadi kept stopping her, and there was no one in the hallway. He said that all he wanted was a short-term relationship and 'cooperation' and leaned closer to her."

Aadi you **********!

Ram continued, "And apparently Sarayu slapped him, cussed at him, and warned him against doing this to other girls."

Sarayu cusses? Well, he deserves it.

And, thank god I didn't do it.

"Ram, how do you know this?"

"My friend's elder brother is Aadi's 'acquaintance'. Well, friend before this scene, acquaintance afterwards."

Ms. Malini was coming back from the bathroom. I quickly shook hands with Ram and said, "Thanks buddy, thank you soooooo much!"

We resumed our session again, and my eyes were fixed at the back door.

And I saw Sarayu peep in and look at me.