Chapter 7

"Dude, chill," Vaishali patted his back.

"No, no, I'm going crazy!"

Rahul called, "Yes, he's crazy, get him a psychiatrist."

"Oh shut up! It might be real!" You can guess who that is...

"Oh my lord, you maniacs, why you like this?"

"Oh leave it Rahul," said Vaishali. The lunch aids stopped us to throw our trash away, and we sat and talked until the lady shouted, "SILENCE!" We stayed silent for a while, and we went back to our classes.

After school, I was waiting for my bus, and Vaishali came from the main door.

"Hey Vaishali!"

"Hey, wassup?"

"The sky," I said, sarcastically. Vaishali rolled her eyes.

"You know what happened in science today?"

"Um, what?"

"Krishna kept staring at the wall!"

"Huh?" I was confused.

"So there's this wall behind my chair and he kept staring at it and the teacher started shipping me with him, and..."

OH LORD, HE MUST BE CRYING RIGHT NOW. "I-I'll be right back," I said and ran as Vaishali was screaming, "Dude your bus might come!"

I didn't even need to run so far. Krishna was standing where he always stands, upset. He always stood at the entrance of the school, as close as he needed to be to see Vaishali waiting for her bus, but as far as he can be to not be seen

"Bruh calm down!"

"Why the frick does the teacher want to know about my personal life? Like seriously?"

I didn't know how to console this angry and upset dude. "Wow Abhi, now you won't support me now, right?"

"Dude, chillax. I just spoke to Vaishali, she doesn't know."

"But she's going to know if someone gives her a hint and when she goes back to this memory when that happens!"

"But she's going to have to know someday." I said that. Yes, I did. That one dude who always thinks that a guy should immediately tell a girl about his love, that one dude who didn't tell his crush for the past few months, said that.

I didn't know what else to say. "Okay Krishna, my bus has finally arrived, bye!"

I didn't know what to think, I didn't know what to do, so I just slept on the bus. "Abhimanyu!"

I woke up to the voice of my bus driver, Mr. Tyson. "Sorry Mr. Tyson."

"It's fine, you must be real tired. Your stop is here."

I walked down the four steps. I reached the road, and I was holding on till the cars gave me a way to cross and go to my home. Nobody was stopping, I couldn't get to my destination, until one stopped, and I was able to get home. "Ma!"

"Hey hey hey, wash your hands!"

"Um, why?"

"You've come from school and you're going to have so many germs on your hands and-"

"Okay, okay Subbu."

Subbu went in and quickly got me my favorite homemade sweet, kudumulu.

"Yes!"

"Eat first, then go and take a bath, and then do your homework."

I took two of them and went to the family room, where Akshara was sitting at the TV. I snatched the remote away from her and muted the TV, without seeing what was coming up.

"Akkai, what the hell are you doing at the TV?"

"Today is a no homework day, so I just finished studying for tomorrow's assessment and am watching TV."

"There are no homework days for college?"

"Um, they decided to give my classes no homework."

"Dang, architecture looks easy."

"Shut up and eat it!"

I sat down at the TV, only to see the song "Uppenantha" coming up on TV, right at the point when Arya puts a frog and a lizard in a "jail", along with himself, because they all annoyed Geetha so much. "Dude, change the stupid song, I can't anymore."

"Ugh fine," she said, and she changed the song to something worse. "Sasivadane," from Iddaru.

Luck was not favoring me.

I ran upstairs with my plate full of sweets, without trying to hear Subbu and Akshu screaming from downstairs.

After an hour or so, Akshara came in to my room. "Hey bro."

"Wassup," I asked.

"Um, I feel like I should and can ask you something."

"Um, that's weird, what is it about?"

"Do you like anyone?"