Short X

"Hey, guys. It's pretty late out. I couldn't sleep, and I had to do something that didn't, you know, require me leaving the camp alone. I doubt that would be a good idea, huh?

There was a firefight just south of us earlier. It was… uh… about two klicks south from the camp. A little close for comfort. These Ghosts, or whatever their name is, had the camp packed away and the fire out within only a couple of minutes. The guys I used to run with would have taken so much longer. I'm amazed at how fuckin' efficient they are.

When they thought it was clear, they set it all back out. Not including the fire. Didn't want to risk that. I don't blame them. I wouldn't have either. They told me to get some rest while Michaelson patrols the perimeter. You see where that led.

I… I'm kinda worried, you know? Right out in the middle of hostile ground. We're lucky that comms weren't taken out in the blast earlier. Just went down for a few minutes. In those few minutes, I could have sworn my heart stopped.

Not to long ago we received an order to stay in the dark. Radio silence. On normal circumstances, I would have been fine with it. Been through the proceedure what seems like a hundred times. But, I don't like it… out here. There's something about the air that's making me question my willingness to be pulled from my station on The Mainland, to this little foresty camp that we have going on.

Oh, Michaelson's back. Well… I'm gonna go ahead and volunteer for patrol,"

Chat with you later,"