VIII

Humanity is such a thing that can be bent and twisted to the point where it's about to break, but never does. Manipulated to the point where a single person can say a single sentence to a single person, and it'll spread to the entire world like a wild-fire. And they'll believe every word of it, take it to heart. Each of those people that repeat it will bend it to their own representation. But they'll still believe it.

Which is exactly what happened with the Auctorita Project.

Outwardly, they had good intentions for mankind. They were heavily invested into the making of new and better medicenes to counterattack the debilitating diseases that sprung up across the continents, devoting billions of public funded donations to the cause, working for hours upon hours in their labs. They spent years isolated, and no one bothered to peer into Auctorita, to interfere in their work.

The next time they went public, their announcers working off company cash were estatic about the latest news from the Auctorita leaders. Their intentions had grown into something knew. Instead of bordering on just medicene, they were going to focus on human survival, increasing their strength and health. In a way, it linked back with their 'original' goal. Human survival.

That's what they wanted everyone to see.

In the end, it was little more than a conquest for power, given birth to by lies and half truths by the people who promised something different.

-short… short I realize (is that spelled with a 'z' or a 's'? It's late, and I can't remember anything.)

But, this is an idea that's been building in the back of my head… for a long ass time. I want to continue it as a full fledged book. What do you guys think? I'm posting it either way, but I'm just curious about what you lads think. That up there might not make sense, but I know where I'm going with this. Might even… bump paths with the one i posted before this. Maybe, maybe not. Who knows, who knows? I should know but I don't.

Also, don't give me that odd look. I've spent a whole day (basically) with paperwork, paperwork, paperwork, and more paperwork. None of it was for me. See what I do for family?!

Ahem, anyways, buh-bye!-