Short IX

The grey wall disappeared into the ceiling, the blue holographic field remained in its place. No matter how many times she's been through the process, her heart always skips when she looks out into the playing field, towards the enemies door. Their commander made a simple sign with his fingers before each of his soldiers seperated into their groups and jumped out the door. She was one of the first out into the null gravity, casting her eyes up to the wall of the circular arena, bending her knees and launching herself up, the NG carrying her to her objective. She twisted in the air, all sense of direction vanishing from her mind. In here, it was useless to keep it straight.

She wrapped a hand around the bars, locking herself into place, and extended her hand towards the other members of her toon pulling them to her one at a time. She never once looked the other members in the eye, keeping her attention at the enemies, who's door was now below them. None of them needed to speak to communicate; their skills as a team and the hundreds of drills worked when they needed to. She switched hands, extending her other one towards the closer man. He nodded at her, and took it. She swung him to the other side, twisting her torso around. He twisted around until his back was presses against the curve of the arena, waiting for the others to get to him. She did the same to the other three, following after them with a push off the wall. The last one to reach the top reached out and grabbed her hand, pulling her up with the rest of them.

They waited for the other toons to get into place. One was on the far wall, across from them, mostly hidden behind a rogue star, one of the few left that weren't occupied by the enemy. The enemies couldn't get a visual on them from their angle. The other two, the commander's toon and the Second's toon were drifting behind a set of stars that had been left near their gate, slowly moving them to the other side. Every member paused, waiting for the go ahead. The commander nodded, pulling his pistol from his hip. It was marked with their colours: black, black, white. He charged it up, and released, shooting up a single bright blue beam into the air, connecting with what was up to him.

There wasn't a delay in anyone of their movements, moving with each other without another question asked. Their small, seperate, formations didn't break apart, they remained together. They split the enemy into smaller groups bit by bit, both of the allied armies struggling to mark down the group of them causing the most damage, their commanders frantically commanding and ordering their soldiers to and fro. They weren't expecting for the one army to make four different toons to attack them from different directions; they had thought that by gathering most of the stars together and grouping behind them would make the enemy much easier to pick off from a distance.

A blue beam connected with the wall beside her head, but she didn't blink or shift away, only moved her arm and held her finger on the charge, lining the shot up. She fired, and it hit someone's chest. His suit stiffened up, losing grip of his pistol and the star he was using as cover. His frozen body was blocking her view of the others behind him. Before she could fire another shot with the same arm, a beam hit her elbow, freezing the joint in place, luckily enough that it wasn't closer to her hand, where she wouldn't be able to shoot. She moved with the rest of her toon, navigating across the surface of the arena with most of her still unfrozen. Six of their army were damaged, four were completely out. That left ten on their side. She cast a look around, her eyes landing on the different formations. She only counted eight that were still completely in the play, and another six that were still in but frozen. The Commander's and Second's toons were still mostly together, just two damaged - one from each toon - and one completely frozen. The group across from her behind a rogue star had one completely out and two were damaged. Her toon wasn't doing doing great, besides drawing fire from the other two. Two of them were damaged, and the other two were completely frozen and out of the game, drifting in the null gravity in one direction until they collided with something else and were bounced in another direction.

That was eighteen of the twenty of them. She glanced down, to the underside of the arena. Two more of their army were their, moving along the surface of the arena as quick and quiet as they could. There's nineteen and twenty. Her eyes drifted to their commander once again with a smile now on her face. He decided their idea was actually worth a shot, now, against two armies working together.

She pushed herself forward once again, the other in her toon following sloppily. His legs were frozen, but his arms were still free. A thought occured to her. His legs were frozen in a crouch, locked at the knees. She pulled him to her and whispered her idea. He thought it over for a moment before nodding. She pushed him away, watching him spin as he cut through the arena, heading straight for the enemy armies. He fired between his legs with each rotation, charging the beam in the meantime. He missed on several occasions, and got hit along his back. She smiled as she remembered something. The beam has to have constant contact for several moments before that body part is frozen. Spinning won't allow that.