²⁰ Tree House

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ²⁰ - sᴘʀɪɴɢ

❛ ...ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ❜

It has been months since the snowball dance, it was now spring, which was Ven's favorite season other than fall.

The boy's leg bounced as he stared at the clock, eagerly waiting for the time to come.

Max and Lucas were on spring break, as well as the rest of the party. Today, the boy was supposed to hang out with Max.

Over the time they knew each other, Max and Ven had gotten pretty close.

The two had been hanging out and getting to know each other every chance they get even going as far as to stay up on the phone to talk to each other - which always ends in Hopper finding Ven and telling him to go to sleep because Max most likely would have school.

Seven came to the conclusion that Max could make Lucas happy, but she could also make Ven happy as well.

"Where are you going?"

Ven stopped, his hand hovering above the doorknob, his eyes going to Hopper who looked at him with raised brows. "To go with Max?"

Hopper sighed, nodding at the boy to continue going out the door making Ven grin and run out towards the park that he and Max always go to.

"Ven!" Max exclaimed, jumping off the swing and jogging over to the boy, her arms going around his neck.

The boy tensed at the touch before finally relaxing into the slightly shorter girl's waist --yes, he grew, something he was excited about even though it was just a few inches.

Max led him to a patch of grass beside a large tree, sitting down on it and patting the spot next to her.

The two lied upon the grass, watching the clouds take form in different shapes. The two talked about anything that came to mind until there was nothing left...then it was just a comfortable silence between them.

Ven turned his head, looking at Max, taking her bright red hair sprawled out like a halo on the green grass, the yellow of her shirt standing out.

Max furrowed her brows, feeling the boy watching her, turning to Ven, biting the inside of her cheek like it would help control the blush that was on her cheeks. "What?"