²⁸ Open Wounds

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ²⁸ - ᴄᴀʙɪɴ ғᴇᴠᴇʀ

❛ ʜᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡs ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ❜

"He said he was building something."

The group all stood around the cabin, Ven's arm wrapped around El who still had tears in her eyes from the moments prior.

"That this was all for me," she whispered, leaning into Ven's hold still rattled from what she saw when she tried to find Billy.

"Building something...is it talking about the flayed?" Max asked.

"Must be." Nancy scratched the back of her neck, pacing across the carpet.

Lucas sighed, leaning against the back of the couch Ven, El, and Max were on. "So, he's building an army, just like we thought."

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread," Mike said.

"He's building it to stop Eleven. " Will trailed his eyes to the girl.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off."

"Like royally," Lucas mumbled.

"And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him," Mike explained. "But if she's out of the way--"

"Game over."

"He said...h-he was gonna kill all of you," Eleven admitted, swallowing thickly.

Ven frowned, wishing he could have seen what she went through so she didn't have to go through it alone, but she said she didn't want him to have that in his mind.

That feeling of loneliness, fear, defeat.

"Oh, that's nice." Max sarcastically said with a snort, crossing her arms glaring at nothing.