²³ Why Lie?

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ²³ - ʙᴏʏs ᴀʀᴇ ᴅᴜᴍʙᴀssᴇs

❛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ? ɪ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ❜

Ven bobbed his head along to the music blasting in his headphones as he sipped on his iced tea, his eyes grazing the words on the page of a random book Hopper found.

New York city is a real cool town. Society really brings me down.

The boy looked up when El walked out of her room a confused look upon her face as she walked out the front door.

Our playground is a pharmacy. Kids find trouble so easily

Hopper was in the kitchen, drinking his coffee, watching El from the window as the girl paced along the porch waiting for Mike who has yet to show up as he promised.

Ven took his headphones off, stopping the song when the vibrations of the front door slamming hit him, now becoming aware of the phone ringing on the wall mount.

El ran towards it, answering with an angry expression walking into her room surprising Ven when she didn't sever the cord when she slammed her door.

"Uh-oh." Ven tauntingly said, sending a knowing look towards Hopper.

Hopper shook his head giving the boy a stern glare.

"Don't look at me like that, neither of us like Mike." Ven countered, making Hopper look away trying to hide the agreeing smirk pulling on his lips.

El came out of the room, furiously putting the phone back on the mount before flopping onto the couch making Ven raise his arms as her head landed on his lap.

Ven sighed, putting his book on the small coffee table before running his hands through El's chin-length hair, "You okay, Ellie?"

El frowned, but relaxed when Ven ran a finger over the bridge of her nose, "Why do boys lie?" she asked quietly, the words hesitant on her tongue.

"Because they're dumbasses." Ven bluntly stated.

Eleven blinked at him, "Are you dumbass?"

Ven stopped, "Sometimes... but just know Ellie, I would never lie to you."

She smiled at her brother, grabbing his hand and giving it a squeeze. "I'm gonna go."

"Where?"

"To see Max." El watched his face light up at the mention of the redhead beauty.