"Are you Riley?" Part 1

It was the first day of college and the campus was crowded with excited students ready for the experience of making new friends and the taste of freedom from their home lives. Riley walked into the auditorium style room for his English class and quickly glanced around for anyone who he might recognize. He suddenly heard a familiar high pitched, but smooth voice. 

"Riley!" "Come up here!" Cassie yelled out to him. 

Riley looked up to the top row of the class and saw his close friend, Cassie sitting there and waiving her arm at him. 

"Be right there! Better hold that seat for me!" Riley yelled with excitement as quickly headed for the steps. 

Unfortunately for Riley, the steps can be a challenge for him. Despite being intelligent and pretty fit, his genetics didn't let him grow ever since he was in elementary school. His body and facial structure just stayed the same since then. Riley could never even grow any type of facial or body hair and his voice didn't even get deeper. Being as little as he was for so many years caused some challenges for him in school at times, but he was actually well liked, especially by girls. Riley loved to make people laugh and had a charming personality. He learned to own his stature and didn't take himself too seriously. People loved his personality and the fact he was actually good looking with his tan skin, dark combed hair and friendly smile worked to his benefit. 

Riley excitedly made it up past several steps before he suddenly tripped and fell face forward. It was a bit embarrassing and several people chuckled, but Riley collected himself, let out a little laugh and began to get back up. Suddenly, he felt two strong, but thin hands grip under his arm pits from behind and lift him to his feet. 

"You okay there, little guy?" Riley heard from a clear, soothing voice. 

"Yeah, I never got along well with steps." Riley replied in a joking manner as he turned around to see who had picked him up.

To Riley's surprise, it was a beautiful brunette girl smiling down at him. She had an hour glass style body, wearing jeans and a black tank top shirt which complimented her amazing build. Her skin was a sun-kissed complexion with blue eyes and glasses that went well with her gorgeous face. 

The girl chuckled at Riley's comment as they stood for a moment facing each other. She was decently tall, but Riley being as tiny as he is only came up to the height of her belly button. 

"Oh you're adorable, aren't you?" She said in a playful tone. "Are you Riley?"

"Yeah, how do you know my name?" Riley replied.

"I'm Julie and I'm friends with Cassie. "We met on the volleyball team and she told me a lot about you since we were all going to be in the same class." "I don't mean any offense, but she also told me you were very small for our age so I kind of just figured who you were when you yelled to each other." 

"No offense taken." "It's nice to meet you." Riley said and smiled. "Let's go grab our seats before they get taken." 

Julie and Riley sat down after getting hugs from Cassie. Cassie is about an average height girl with a thin, but curvy build. She's mixed race with a lighter skin tone, dark brown eyes, curly black hair down to her shoulders and arms covered with tattoos. Riley and Cassie have been close friends since they were the same size as kids. Cassie never left Riley's side, even after growing taller than him. She always playfully teased Riley, but would never let anyone else pick on him. Riley always thought she was gorgeous and even though they were the same age, Cassie was like a big sister to him. 

"Of course you had to fall with those tiny legs!" Cassie teased to Riley as she rubbed her hand in his hair like a child. 

"Shut up, or I'll trip you next time you try to walk." Riley teased back.

Julie giggled out of amusement from the two as they traded remarks back and forth. 

"I'm so glad we all have a class together and you two got to meet." Cassie said.