"It's Halloween!" Part 2

The next two months were a good time for the three of them. They would hang out in their dorms, go out to eat, but they weren't really the partying and drinking type. Riley enjoyed getting to know Julie who was very sweet to him, but she was also a bit reserved. He had a giant crush on her at this point, but she had a boyfriend they would rarely see. Julie commonly talked about him, but he didn't seem to treat her well. Cassie and Riley could often tell Julie was upset with her boyfriend when they wouldn't hear from her for a few days.  Sometimes she would come into class and be quiet with her head kept low. Riley and Cassie always felt bad for her, but never knew why she would stay with him.

It was Halloween day and Julie didn't come into class. Cassie texted Julie to ask where she was.

"Wow! Looks like Julie finally broke things off with that asshole." Cassie said to Riley.

"It's about time! She was never happy with him. Think we should go check on her after class?" Riley asked. Although he felt bad for Julie being upset, he was hiding the fact the girl he had a crush on was now single. 

"Yeah, we should try to cheer her up or be there for her at least. I'll let her know we want to come over." Cassie said.

About a half hour later, class dismissed and Cassie and Riley walked to Julie's dorm. Julie answered the door and although she wore a smile with glasses, they could see she was crying by the glossiness in her eyes.  The three of them continued hanging out at her dorm for a couple of hours and Julie perked up from their company. It was around 4 pm and Riley had an idea.

"It's Halloween and I heard this place has a tradition of trick or treating and partying at the dorms throughout the whole campus." "Lets get some costumes and have some fun tonight!" Riley said. 

"Oh hell yeah!" Cassie agreed. "Come on, Julie. Let's get out of here and go pick out some costumes."

"You guys are too funny. There is a Halloween store near by. We can hit it up, although I don't know how many costumes are left at this point." Julie said.

Riley was beyond excited his idea was working. Maybe this would be his chance to show he had feelings for her. They got on a bus and were dropped off at the store. Upon walking in, they quickly realized there weren't a lot of options left. They shopped around and Cassie found a Wonder Woman costume she liked. Julie was a Harry Potter fan and managed to find a girl's Gryffindor costume. Both were happy with their picks, but unfortunately Riley couldn't find anything he liked that would fit him. The girls looked through all sorts of ideas and even the children's section was cleared out from anything suiting to him. 

"I'm sorry, Riley. That's a bummer we didn't find you anything. There's a Target near by though and I think I have an idea if you guys want to go." Cassie said with excitement. 

Riley and Julie looked at each other with curiosity for what Cassie had in mind. They then shrugged in approval. 

"Sure, that's fine with us." Riley replied. "What costume do you have in mind?"

"Oh, just trust trust me." Cassie said with a wink.

They all headed back to the bus and after a short ride, they got out in front of Target. 

Once inside, Cassie grabbed a cart and said "let's take you for a ride, little boy." 

Cassie then reached under Riley's arms and in a swooping motion, picked him up and placed him in the baby seat at the top of the cart. Riley didn't struggle and just went along with it. It's something Cassie would do to him sometimes, so he was use to it. Riley normally just had fun when she would play with him like this, but this time it was different. Riley felt a slight embarrassment come over him with this happening in front of Julie. 

"Don't want our little guy to get lost do we?" Cassie teased as she pinched Riley's cheek.

For once, Riley did not have a comment to say back to Cassie. He was caught off guard and was concerned of what Julie may think.  Julie just looked at Riley sitting in the cart like a toddler and noticed his face was turning a bit red. She sympathized for how he was feeling and gently brushed her fingers through his hair to ease his nerves. 

"Hey Riley, let's make a deal. If I choose your costume and Julie agrees to it, you have to wear it for the night. Is that fair?" Cassie asked. 

"Hmm" Riley thought. "I'm a little nervous to trust what you'll pick, but I don't really have any other options anyway. It's a deal."

Julie began to push the cart with Riley in it. They had a quiet moment of awkwardness being face to face with each other. Riley wanted to strike a conversation, but couldn't find the words given the circumstance he was in. 

"Don't worry. At least it's less walking for you." Julie said in a kind tone. 

"That's very true." Riley replied while gazing at Julie and trying to hide his embarrassment. He couldn't believe he was being pushed in a cart by this gorgeous girl of his dreams. Cassie led the way down the aisles and they came to a stop. Julie's mouth began to drop and had a surprised look on her face. Riley turned around and learned they were in the baby section of the store. 

"Do you really want me to dress like a baby??" Riley asked in a surprised tone.

"Well you don't have other costume options, but you can fit in these clothes! Besides, I actually think you would look really cute. Come on! You'll be warm and cozy too at least." Cassie said with a giant grin. 

Riley then looked up at Julie to see her reaction. She just looked down at him and then showed an expressed smile of approval, even though she sensed he was a bit embarrassed. It was as if she was non verbally telling Riley, "sorry, but I like the idea."

"Don't worry, it's just a halloween costume. A lot of people are going to be dressed in embarrassing things." Julie said. 

Riley finally agreed to dress as a baby and Cassie jumped with excitement. She ran around grabbing different pieces of clothing and returned to the cart with a baby blue shirt, trousers, little Rugrats hat and a binky. 

"I also saved the best part for last!" Cassie gleefully said.

She ran off and quickly came back. In her arms, she was carrying baby powder, wipes and a packs of large baby diapers and pull ups. Both had dinosaur pictures on them. 

"Oh my god. Is he really going to fit into those?" Julie asked. 

"We'll find out when we get back and try on our costumes!" Cassie replied.

Riley felt a wave of embarrassment come over him and objected. "But Cassie, I'm fine with all of the other clothes. Don't you think it's a bit much to make me wear diapers? I'm not an actual toddler." 

"Hey, you agreed to this little guy and Julie even approved. Besides, we don't want you having any little accidents while we're going out do we?" Cassie teased as they began making their way to check out.

As they got to the register, Cassie and Julie started loading the products up on the belt.

"Aww are the two of you taking the handsome man trick or treating?" The female cashier asked. "He's such a cutie." 

"Yes we are and he's the cutest!" Julie responded while putting her arms around Riley to give him a firm hug from behind the cart. 

At this moment, Riley's embarrassment seemed to be partially worth it to him. He hadn't yet accomplished what he is hoping, but it was a nice start. He loved the sweet scent her hair gave off and the warm, comfortable feeling of her arms wrapped around his body. Riley gently rested his head on her shoulder and even though it lasted all of two seconds, it felt like heaven to him. They then finished checking out and returned to Julie's dorm to change into their costumes.