chapter 6

𝐜𝐡

𝐜𝐡. 𝟔: 𝐢 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐤𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧
Some weeks later. (Maybe a month? Briella doesn't know and neither do I).

"YOU!" I screeched when I saw the dark-haired, violet eyed male who had the audacity to interrupt my lunch saunter into the dining hall. Rhysand had decided to unexpectedly grace (curse) us with his presence on this lovely afternoon, resulting in Tamlin and Lucien panicking as they rushed to hide Feyre. They also gave me three heart attacks in doing so because I genuinely thought we were going to die.

"A fox mask. Appropriate for you, Lucien."

"Got to Hell, Rhys," Lucien snapped at the same time that I scraped my fork against my plate. The obnoxious, screeching sound caused three pairs of eyes to snap towards me: one confused, one exasperated, and one curious. I raised my head to look at the faeries seated in front of me and pointed my fork towards them as I spoke.

"Do you guys want to take this-" I gestured between the three of them with my fork, "-outside? I'm trying to finish my lunch. Also-" I turned my fork towards Rhysand, "-just because you're insecure about your ugly costume doesn't mean you can make fun of Lucien's."

"Did you just-" Lucien's forehead creased in confusion, his eyebrows scrunching together as he turned to ask Tamlin under his breath, "Did she just defend and insult me in the same sentence?"

Tamlin shrugged tiredly in response.

"I remember you," Rhysand cocked his head to the side and directed his gaze towards me. I heard Lucien's sigh from across the table and mentally winced, "Lucien is your brother?"

"You're so smart, Bruce Wayne."

"That is not my-"

"Yeah, I know it's not your name Batman."

Tamlin interjected then and directed the conversation back to whatever Rhysand was in Spring Court for (Feyre). I busied myself with clearing the plate of unfinished lunch in front of me, attempting to block out all three of the sassy High Fae. They are all divas. All of them.

A deep sigh escaped me when halfway through devouring my chicken, I felt something, or rather someone, attempting to poke around my head. I mentally rolled my eyes and made the High Lord of the Night a little window to slip through.

What do you want, Asshole?

You're a Daemati? His tone was curious, yet slightly guarded. My eyes darted up to where the High Lord stood, still fully engaged in the conversation with Tam and Lucien. I leaned back into my seat and quirked an eyebrow when he glanced over at me. It was so brief that I barely saw the suspicion in his eyes that was calculating whether or not I was a threat.