An Encounter with 'Him'

Hopes POV

Holy shit?????? "Hi" I started. Everyone's eyes were on me. "I'm Hope. I'm new here" I said without fear or anything at all in my voice except bored ness. I was almost anything but bored though when I saw Dr Saltzman was the teacher in History. "Well ugh Hope, why don't you tell us a bit about yourself" he said and motioned to stand at the front of the room. I noticed Damon, Elena, and Caroline were in this class too. Great. Damon's interest peaked at 'tell us a bit about yourself'. I guess he wanted to find something to use against me so that I would help him. I stepped to where he pointed. "My name is Hope Marshall, I grew up in New Orleans, and that's all people need to know" I said and gave an obvious fake smile to Dr S before making my way across the room and sitting in a desk with the only person who had room. Caroline Forbes. Wow. Time travel really throws curveballs at ya. I sat there listening to Dr S talk about things I already knew everything about. I sighed. This was gonna be a long day.
The bell rang signaling it was time for lunch. I walked in the Cafeteria and stood in line. I grabbed a slice of pizza and and apple, and sat down. "Hey Hope" I heard someone call. I turned whipped my head around to see Caroline calling me over. "Come sit with us" she finished. I looked back at my food and rolled my eyes. I grabbed my tray and walked over to the golden group of supernatural teens. "Hey" I said as I sat down. "Hi" Caroline said cheerily. "I'm Caroline and this is Elena, Stefan, Tyler, Damon, and Bonnie" she introduced her friends by gesturing at each one of them as she said their names. "So Hope" started Damon. Oh Boy. "What life in New Orleans like" he asked clearly thinking I never actually lived there. "Oh it's great"!i replies cheerily. "Yes but can you give us the specifics" he said. "We've never been" he added after noticing the glared from him interrogating me. I smirked. "Well. The witches aren't allowed to practice magic. The wolves are confined to the Bayou. And the Vampires fun the city" I said sarcastically. "So Yeah. Just Heaven On Earth" I said, once again using sarcasm. We bleed at each other. "Okay enough" Elena exclaimed. "You two are acting like children" she finished. "Although it's really actually Damon" she added. He jaw dropped from her taking my side instead of his. I tried to hold in a laugh but I couldn't. His face just looked so stupid. Soon everyone was laughing except Damon who glared at us. "Hope Marshall" I heard a familiar voice yell in a serious tone by the Cafeteria doors. My face fell and everyone (who was at our table) stopped laughing to look at me. "Can I see you for a minute" Dr S said and gestured for me to follow him. I did. We walked into his classroom and I leaned back on a desk. "What's up" I said. "Well, I felt that you were hiding something today so I looked at your file. I haven't heard of anyone moving to town at all" he said and looked at me questioningly. My face remained the same. "So tell me Hope, what's really happening in your life" he said as he threw down my file. I felt myself getting angry and a little nervous. The lights started flickering around me. Dr S looked around at them. I breathed in and closed my eyes to try and calm myself down. When I breathed out the light had gone back to normal and I opened my eyes. "Well, does that answer your question" I said glaring him before starting to walk out. "Not quite" he said making me stop. "No on moved to Mystic Falls recently so you really didn't answer my question" he stated. I clenched my fist and spun around. "Why do you have to butt into my life" I asked him while remaining calm although I could feel my blood start to boil. "Because I know the world is dangerous and so are plenty of supernaturals. I can also tell your hiding something" he answered. "Well I'm sorry but it not your life, it's mine" I said angrily before walking out of the room and outside. I walked into the woods to collect myself. "Well you look like your angry at someone" a voice I really didn't want to hear said. I slowly turned around to see him sitting on a stump. He stood up and I could tell my face looked sad and scared at the same time.

"Well I believe introductions are an order" he said looking at me

"Well I believe introductions are an order" he said looking at me. "I'm.." he started but I cut him off. "I know who you are" I said still not breaking eye contact with him. He smirked. "That must mean your supernatural" he said and smirked. "Now, you know who I am, but I have not a clue who you are" he said. Ouch. The familiarity of his British voice saying he had no idea who she was stung. "I'm Hope Marshall" I said pulling myself back to my cool state. "Nice to meet you. I'm a fan" I said and held out my hand to him. He looked surprised as I said this and I held my hand out. "You not scared" he said confused but I could hear the hidden happiness in his voice. "Nah" I answered still holding out my hand. Oh wow this was hard. He walked towards me more and looked me up and down before smirking and shaking my hand. "So Hope" he started after shaking my hand and turning around to walk back to where he was. "Who are you mad at" he said and spun back around to face me. The smirk was still on his face. Of course something like this would please the old version of him. I scoffed and shook my head while saying their names and pacing. "Oh Damon, Alaric, everyone" I said. Keeping my cool was really hard but I had to pull through this. I was having a somewhat normal conversation with my dad again. I really just wanted to burst out crying. "Why" he asked me. "Because all they do is try and butt into my life" I said. "Not that I can blame them" I added and he looked confused. "Their own lives seem quite boring" I finished making him chuckle. "Well, I'll see you around Hope" he said. I nodded and he sped off. Oh my god. The smile vanished off my face. I breathed heavily and felt the ground start to shake. I breathed heavily and tried to slow it down but I couldn't. That was too much to handle. That's when my wolf ears picked up on people running this way. Who runs in the woods during an earthquake????? "Hope" I heard Elenas Voice shout from behind Me. I whipped myself around to face her, Caroline, and Damon. "Hope let us help you" she said loudly over the noise from the earthquake. "No!!! You need to stay away from me" I yelled back. "We can't do that" Damon yelled. "Your gonna have to" I said and pushed my hand towards them, making them fly backwards through the air and landing hard on the ground. I looked around at the ground. "I thought about things that calmed me because this wasn't actually even close to my worst freak out. After a while the ground started to slowly become still again and trees that had been falling all around me, stopped falling. I let out a sigh of relief and when I saw the few members of the Scooby gang starting to get up, I ran off.
It was dark. The rest of school had been cancelled due to the earthquake. I walked to the School and inside. I walked down the halls into Dr S's classroom. He was putting his things in his bag but looked up when he saw me. "Hi" I said nervously. "Hi" he answered. "Ummmmm. So what I'm about to tell you may seem impossible but please don't think I'm crazy" I said quickly and he stopped his packing and looked at me. I took a deep breathe. "Umm. My name isn't Hope Marshall" I started. "It's Hope Mikalson" I explained. His eyes widened a bit. And I felt tears start to slip down my cheek. "I'm from the future and if I mess up the timeline here i mess up the future but I just have no one else to turn to". With that I started crying even harder. "Here no one knows who I am. And in the future, your the closest thing I have to a father. And I know telling you this could mess the timeline up drastically but I can't do this alone, I cant" I said full on crying now. He hugged me and patted my back. I hugged him back tightly. "It's okay Hope" he said. That's when I felt something prick me and felt weak. I released from the hug and looked at Dr S, a look of shock came over my face. I grabbed onto the desk to hold myself up but just collapsed and everything went dark.