5.

Harry.

Crazy. That's what I was. There was no denying that. Trent's blood felt heavy on my jacket from where I wiped my hands as I waltzed into my apartment. I shrugged it off quickly, throwing into the laundry hamper that I said I would burn when I had time. It was evidence. I knew Bill would be at my door within the next twenty four hours, and I didn't need anything on me that showed that I had anything to do with Trent's attack.

I barely acknowledged Niall who was seated on my couch, his feet propped up on my table as if he paid the bills around here. My head was running a million miles per hour and I barley had time to snap at him for disrespecting my furniture or ask how he got passed my multiple locks again. I had changed the passcodes on every lock about twenty times, and somehow, the Irish bastard still seemed to work out what it was. It put my job in surveillance to shame.

"You shouldn't of done that," Niall sang from the couch as I walked into the kitchen to wash my hands. Dried blood coated my fingers, and I did my best to scrub it off. My fingers felt raw as I scrubbed and scrubbed, needing every last drop to wash down the drain.

I wanted to question what part I shouldn't of done, because every moment after I entered Midnight Blues was a big red 'should not have done.' This was why I didn't do things by myself, why I barley ever left the house without Niall by myself. I forgot how foolish I could be and how rushed my decision making could be when I was distracted. Spice was a very large distraction.

"Shut up," I mumbled, taking a seat besides him after I felt my fingers were clean enough from any trace of Trent Westwood.

Niall, as usual, barely seemed phased from my actions from tonight. He bummed to himself, his eyes glued to his phone as usual.

I didn't mean to go as far as I did with my attack on Trent. Given he was a police officer, at least I knew he would of remembered everything if i had gone easy on him and I would be in handcuffs as soon as I left the scene. Instead, I attacked him with every bit of anger I had stewing in my body. I'll be honest though, I was sloppy, that was plain and simple. I had just been so mad at his actions, that I saw red. I hated how defeated Spice looked when she walked out of that room, how his cologne had rubbed off on her and how she pretended she was okay with what he had done. I didn't want to know the details though, because I was sure I may of killed him for touching her without her consent. Dirty cops got away with a lot of things, but not if I could help it. I knew I didn't know Spice, but something inside me wanted to protect her. Protect her from the bad men she met while working. It was strange think that about a mere stranger, but I was strange as it is. Unfortunately for me though, I didn't think about my actions when I approached him, something I really need to fix if I'm going to be working in the field alongside Niall and the rest of the boys.

From my understanding, Trent was now in a coma at some hospital, and his buddies were waiting for him to wake up to take a statement. I cracked my knuckles at the thought. I wondered what he remembered. I wasn't phased by a lot of things, but I didn't like the integration, especially when it came to dirty police officers. They were the worst to deal with. Despite having a lot of them on our payroll, they had each other's backs at the end of the day. Bill was the worst of them all, and I hated how he knew Spice. I wondered how long it would take him to put all the pieces together.

"She's just a stripper," Niall reminded me. He tapped a few buttons on his phone before slipping into his tight jeans. "You don't need to put yourself in all this drama because someone touched her. It's bound to happen, you can't go attack everyone that does that."

I sighed at his simple mind. "It's not nice though, Niall. Where are peoples morals?"

Niall scoffed, thumping the back of my head before going to the fridge and helping himself to my food. I slumped back on the couch, my thoughts wondering back to Spice and how scared she had looked when she saw my knuckles. Another sloppy move on my part. I shouldn't of let her see it. I had been in such a adrenaline spike after attacking Trent, I had barely remembered to wipe my hands clean. I had waited until all the men left to go to their seperate cars, before knocking Trent out. For a police officer, you would assume he would take note of his surroundings a lot better. I guess he was either too drunk or high off the drugs to really pay attention to me coming up behind him.