25.

The sky around me was turning into an angry shade of purple. I swallowed my cries as I ran deeper into the eye of the storm, trying desperately to run away from whatever was chasing us. In that moment I had no idea, but the anxiety was coursing through my body, demanding me to run as fast as I could.

"Come on!" I called to the little girl who was suddenly running beside me.

She looked scared. Her brown locks were hidden underneath her dirty jumper, her feet bare as she ran across the gravel. She whimpered when the sky roared, looking around frantically.

The streets were deserted, and I felt as if we were the only two people left in the world. The little girl wasn't running fast enough though and she was going to get us caught if she didn't hurry up.

"Come on!" I yelled again, reaching out to grab her. She flinched away instantly. "I'm trying to help you, we need to keep going!"

The little girl shook her head. I couldn't understand how old she was. Her face looked mature. Deep brown eyes stared at me, her skin pale and slightly dirty - though her body was too small. Too skinny.

"I'm not as fast as you," she whimpered, fresh tears beginning to fall. "I'm so tired, and the noises are scaring me!"

I swore under my breath and looked around me, making sure that nobody was around before I stopped and leaned down so I was eye level with the frightened little girl. "You're braver than you think! The noises can't hurt you."

She sniffled, wiping her nose on the sleeve of her jumper. She shook her head at me, clearly not convinced. "But the bad thing happened last time the sky got mad."

I tilted my head at the girl. I didn't know what that meant. I reached out to hold her hands. She flinched when I made contact though allowed me to hold her small hands in mine.

"What bad thing?" I asked her.

The sky was beginning to get even darker, almost if they could hear us talking. The little girl shut her eyes and shook her head.

"I can't tell you," she whispered. "I can't tell you."

I looked around, wishing there was another adult that could help me out right now. I was never good with kids. "You can trust me," I promised her. "What happened during the storm?"

She shook her head so fast, the hood of her jumper fell off. Her brown locks were shoulder length and oily, almost as if she hadn't washed it in weeks. By the looks of her clothings, I was afraid to thing it was true. I wondered where her parents were.

"I can't tell you," she repeated shaking her head. "You need to remember."

I stared in confusion at the little girl. Why would I need to remember it? How could I remember it if it was her memories?

I looked down at the little girls tiny hands, flipping them over in mine slowly. My movements paused when I noticed a small freckle near her thumb, in the exact same place I had one.

That wasn't possible...

I gasped, my eyes meeting the frightened little girl once more. This time, she was the only who looked at me with pity. An emotion that was far beyond her age.

"You need to remember," she repeated to me. She pulled her hand away from mine, and rested it on my cheek.

It felt like electricity. It zapped my skin, causing the world around us to feel as it was moving.