22

My apologies this is really long.

It was the evening of the grand reopening of the Garrison. Polly was refusing to speak to Tommy, due to the fact he wouldn't tell her where her son was. So he'd managed to convince Ada, to come up and try to prove his point to his Aunt. Charlie only found this out when Ada arrived on their doorstep a few hours before it was due to start.

"What are you doing here?" Charlie smiles letting her in. "Tommy asked for me. Can you take Karl?" Ada asks and Charlie nods, placing the toddler onto her hip. "So is everything good now? With the boys and all." Ada questions. "Yeah, everything's good." Charlie replies, as a set of feet come running down the stairs.

"Charlie, can you help? What do I wear to stuff like this? I've never been to the pub before." Chris asks frantically making her laugh, as he becomes shy and timid seeing Ada stood there. "And who might this be?" Ada smiles, "this is Chris, he lives here. Chris this is Ada, the other sister." Charlie introduces and Chris gives her a shy smile. "I'll be up to help in a second. Let me just get Ada settled in a bit." Charlie tells him and he nods running back up the stairs. "He's adorable." Ada pouts, "very shy, you should see him around Tommy. Even though he's been living here for 4 months, still becomes quiet and timid when he enters the room. Scares him shitless." Charlie tells her. "Does he know Tommy won't hurt him?" Ada asks, as Charlie offers her a cigar. "Yeah, I've told him. Finns told him. Isaiahs told him. Most of us have. Apart from John, Arthur and Tommy. Personally I think they're becoming fond of him. Appreciate his opinions." Charlie informs. "Hmm. Our brothers appreciating something. Doesnt seem right." Ada jokes. "Right well, you know where everything is. I'm stealing your son, and have somehow become a fashionista. Might need some assistance if you feel like it." Charlie suggests, "let me finish this first," Ada says gesturing to her cigarette.

"Chris. Can I come in?" Charlie asks knocking on the door, which he opens. "I-I'm confused. I've never been to something like this before." Chris says hyperventilating , "Chris, calm down. It's alright. Take some deep breaths for me." Charlie says rearranging Karl on her hip. "Do I need to where like what Tommy and Finn where?" Chris asks calming down, "not if you don't want to." Charlie tells him. "Okay. Right, I mean not exactly like them, but I don't want to stand out. And what about the drinking, is that optional or compulsory?" Chris questions, "it's optional, most people will be, but you don't have to do anything you're uncomfortable with, now let's find something for you to wear." Charlie suggests and he nods opening his wardrobe. "Can you hold Karl?" Charlie asks, "how? How do you hold a baby?" Chris questions nervously, "put an arm sort of under has legs so the hand is resting on his side, then cradle his head. Or you can hold him up right, against your shoulder, still making sure you protect his head." Charlie instructs, gently transferring the baby into Chris arms'. "Woah" Chris gasps, looking down at the small bundle in his arms. "Hey Karl, my names Chris. I live with your aunt and uncles." Chris whispers smiling.

"Hmm. This seems, very you." Charlie says taking a stone grey turtle neck and placing it on his bed.

"Alright, what've you two got so far?" Ada asks walking into Chris room, "that." Charlotte says pointing to the top. "Mmh. Not bad alright. Let me have a look." Ada says moving Charlie out the way, who rolls her eyes but settles next to Chris, who was letting Karl play with his finger.

"I think I've got it." Ada tells them reaching into his wardrobe and pulling out a navy blue suit. "Try this on." Ada says, "you should probably take him back" Chris says handing Karl back to his mother as the older girls leave the room, letting him get dressed.