32

"He's making us kill our fucking teacher!" John exclaims, ranting to his little sister, "Charlie, are you even fucking listening to me? Mrs Changretta, your fucking teacher!" John yells, "yes, im fucking listening John, but tell me, would you care if someone killed Esme? Would you care who died getting in the way of you getting to her killer, eh?" Charlie replies, "no- i wouldn't, but thats besides the point" John mumbles, "he's grieving, he wants the person who shot his wife dead. Understandable isn't it, 'specially if you know you'd do the exact same thing" Charlie replies, "now come on, head in the game, we got to get to the docks" she says tapping his temple, placing her gun in her holster throwing her jacket on and leading him out the house, to the garage where Arthur, Diego, Harrison, Isaiah, Finn and Scudboat were waiting by the cars. 

-

"Thank you, officer, that'll be all" John speaks as the group walk out from the shadows. "John Shelby. Is that the lad i used to teach? John Shelby, i smacked your ass" Mrs Changretta exclaims clinging onto her husband. "Let him go" Arthur says, "please, please let her go" Mr Changretta pleads, "Arthur? How many times i looked the other way because of your sweet smile" Mrs Changretta says still hanging onto her husband, "said let him go, he's coming with us" Charlie speaks coming to stand next to her brothers. "Charlotte! What would Lee say? After all the chances he gave you. How many times he should've called the police, he let you off. All of us, we looked the other way, why, why are you doing this?" Mrs Changretta questions eyeing the gun in her ex-students hand. "We aint going to harm you, just let him go. Mr Changretta let her go, we aint gonna harm her." Charlie says ignoring her teacher. Speaking directly to the italian man. "Just let him go, he can do no harm to you in New York" Mrs Changretta begs, eyes watering, "we can't do that" Charlie says, "NO, he's an old man" the lady yells, "Audrey, listen to me. Go to the cafe on Mott Street, Bonito will take care of you. Don't push them" Mr Changretta says to his wife. "I gave you sweets and cakes, we trusted you, we all trusted you." Audrey yells in Charlies direction, "there are rules, your husband knows the rules." John replies, flicking his toothpick to the floor. 

"Mrs Changretta, you said it yourself he's old, gonna die soon anyway. This ways just quicker, let him go, we are disobeying orders by fucking talking to you so let him go. Its the way the game goes" Charlotte says raising her gun slightly, "how can you live with yourself? Saying this is a game, this is someones life" Mrs Changretta says making no signal that she'd let go anytime soon, "rum, lots and lots of rum. Now let him go" Charlie speaks taking a step forwards, "i said let him fucking go" Charlie yells pointing the gun at her head, her brothers couldn't, she'd looked into their eyes, they didn't want this. "You have 10 seconds or Tommys orders stand" Charlie warns. 

"One..two..three" Arthur counts, "please" Audrey yells her voice cracking, "four..five" John says. "I love you forever" Vincente tells his wife breaking free from her grasp as Scudboat and Harrison drag him away. Her brothers following as she drops the gun. 

"Go to America, a new life" Charlie tells her teacher restraining her as she tries to get to her husband sobbing and crying out, fighting against Charlies grasp. "A new life" Charlie repeats, "you monsters. all of you. monsters" Mrs Changretta screams falling to the floor, wails escaping her mouth.

-

4 Shelbys were stood in the corner of a dark, damp, rotten room, all eyes on the old italian man tied to a chair in the middle of the room as heavy footsteps, get louder, the light from his lamp filling the room little by little as he got closer. Closer to the man that took his wife out of the world.

All staying silent as Thomas Shelby emerges from the shadows placing the lamp on a spare chair, removing his coat and cap. A million thoughts shooting through his head, as he sat down in front of the italian, eyes piercing into his head, the traditional Shelby glare, as if they were shuffling through every little thought and memory you had, analysing every move you'd ever made.