30

"CHARLOTTE ANNABELLA SHELBY! You will put those gloves on!" Ada commands her sister, who was sat stubbornly on the sofa in her childhood home, in a ballgown all ready for her brothers big charity foundation event. "But Ada, are they really that important? Like seriously, in the grand scheme of things going on in the world gloves aren't important." Charlie argues, "you've already got me in this fucking dress and heels, and you've put my hair up and done my make up, do i really have to wear some fucking gloves that i will end up taking off because they're annoying" she adds. "Charlie, put the gloves on." Polly says. "Jesus fucking Christ" Charlie exclaims, "please, don't be so offensive" Linda tells her, "oh, im sorry god" Charlie replies sarcastically, flinching as Ada slaps the back of her head, "see you're choosing to mess up my hair which apparently is very important, more important than gloves, ergo proving my point that gloves have no fucking use. Only times anyone should wear gloves is when they're killing. I don't plan on murdering anyone tonight, do you?" Charlotte says to the 3 older woman stood in her living room. "No one is going to die tonight. Stop being difficult" Polly glares, "we are leaving in 15 minutes, put your fucking gloves on, stop whining like a baby" Ada says handing her the long gloves. "Isaiah, Finn, Diego! Get in here, she's being a stubborn twat" Polly calls out, hearing the 3 mens footsteps coming downstairs like elephants. "She's refusing to wear the gloves" Ada sighs, "real mature" Charlie retorts, "wow" Isaiah says taking in the sight of his fiancee. "What?" Charlie asks looking in the mirror, "you look beautiful" he whispers against her ear coming to stand behind her, "and you look dashing" Charlie replies, "if i look so dashing how are you going to kill all those other women for looking at me, if you aint wearing the gloves, eh?" Isaiah smirks, watching her get annoyed. "Hand me the fucking gloves" Charlotte groans, holding her hand out. "He's a fucking miracle worker, we've been trying for an hour, he does it in under 10 seconds" Ada exclaims, watching her sister put the gloves on and Isaiah stand there with a proud smirk on his face.

"I hate you" she tells him, kissing his cheek, "yes, you seem to hate every fibre in his being, now lets go" Finn retorts. "Do you think they have cake? I mean its an important event, what sort of lunatic wouldn't have cake?" Diego asks as they head towards the cars, that were waiting to chauffeur them. Tommys orders.

-

Walking into the venue, Charlottes arm gently rested in the crook of Isaiahs, as they were forced to greet a load of posh, rich dicks. Who insisted on making awful jokes anytime they could. It was taking a lot of willpower for Charlie not to roll her eyes. And because it was a formal event people insisted on calling her Miss Shelby or Charlotte.

"Would you care for a drink Miss?" A waiter asks lowering his tray, "what is it?" Charlie questions, "come on Char, thank you sir." Isaiah replies taking the drink, "don't worry, won't have to drink this shit, I'll give it to Diego, but taking it makes people think that's what we are getting drunk on, when in reality I have two flasks in my jacket, one rum, one whiskey." He whispers to her as they walk away, "I love you so much" she tells him.

"Ahh Miss Shelby. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." A man speaks to her, lifting her left hand and placing a kiss on her hand, "is that a ring I feel? You sir are a very lucky man." He says to Isaiah shaking his hand. "Mr Patrick Jarvis, MP" he introduces, "Isaiah Jesus. And who are you?" Isaiah questions someone who had just joined Mr Jarvis, "Father John Hughes" he replies shaking his hand then placing a kiss on Charlie's glove.

"So how are you finding the evening so far?" She asks, "very pleasant, indeed. Good drinks, good cause, good company. What more could we want in life?" Mr Jarvis chuckles, Charlotte didn't know why but these men were making her suspicious, her thoughts were confirmed when she looked around the room to see Tommy, stood with Grace and the leader of the Birmingham City Council, but his eyes focused on the two men stood infront of us, he makes a slight gesture with his head, silently ordering her to excuse themselves.