VAIPOE

After CPS workers had checked on the environment here, they told me that they thought it was safe enough for me to live in. Despite me being scared of how these people were going to treat me, I didn't really believe or disbelieve them of this place being safe. The King went through the process of gaining custody of me, which didn't take a long time. He also planned a coronation ceremony so that the citizens of our isle could be introduced to me.

So many things have happened so far and it's only been three weeks.

Moreover, today is the day the ceremony is due to occur. I have been practicing and learning with Vairani and also understanding her a little bit more as an individual but it was very few things like how she wished she was taken more seriously like her brother by the public and I observed that she was a very sociable person and someone I wanted to talk to more.

Haunui, on the other hand, hasn't been interacting with me much and the same goes for Aitoarii. I can understand Aitoarii as he seemed rigid and introverted along with him having a whole isle on his shoulders but I didn't know why Haunui was doing that. Did I do something wrong? I decided I was going to face him today whenever I get the chance to.

*************

The maid helped me dress up into my new gown which was pink and passed through my knees. I loved it. The maid did my hair and took two strands of hair from each side, then tied them together nicely by a hair tie. She put my shoes on which were also a matching pink. I was so excited. I walked downstairs only to see that the celebration was still being prepared. So I waited and saw my new found siblings- What I am saying? They probably don't think of me as their sister. They probably just took me in out of pity for my circumstance. But now that I thought about it, they have only approached me in a polite manner and didn't seem to have any intent in harming me. Consequently, there shouldn't be a logical reason for me to think they hate me but I still couldn't help but think that this is all just an act and that everything will go downhill.

Anyways, I saw the royal family walk downstairs in their elegant clothing. Aitoarii, was wearing a blue suit underneath was a white button up, blue pants and a pair of black shoes which were fit for the occasion. While Vairani was wearing a slim summer yellow color dress paired with turquoise shoes and they managed to look nice. Finally, Haunui, was dressed in a green suit with a white button up, green pants and black shoes. His outfit looked fine, it was kind of a little plain but still good.

Soon, the guests started showing up and the ballrooom became filled with people most of which were either, really rich and well known people or nobles. There were cameras everywhere inside the palace and outside. Lots of news reporters were there too. Me and the royal family, greeted the guests after Aitoarii introduced me to them.

"We declare, Miss Vaipoe Tehau as the new Princess of Pomiva!" The steward announced and I bent down as he crowned me. The headdress that was put on my head was so elegant. It was decorated with Tiare flowers and black pearls. I loved how beautiful it was and that it matched my dress. I stood up again and I looked at the people around me. They all clapped their hands and yelled encouraging sentences. It all felt so magical and unreal to me. I have never felt to welcomed before and I am grateful.

Vairani and Aitoarii seemed busy having conversations with the guests. I noticed how Vairani was acting towards them, she was smiling and giving complements while Aitoarii kept being serious and tried to avoid chattering too much but Vairani didn't let him be.

Next up me and Haunui decided to join everyone in dancing so we got into traditional dancing attire to join in traditional dancing. We were dancing ʻōteʻa ʻāmui and a couple of other customary dances.

While we were dancing separately from each other, I decided to do what I have been planing to do. "Hey, Haunui!" I said. He turned around and looked at me. "There is something I have been wanting to tell you." I paused for a minute. "I wanted to ask you about your behavior around me lately. I know everything has been going fast but I still would like to know why is it that you have been ignoring me. Are you upset that we are related?"
"No! Of course not!" He exclaimed. "Why would I be upset about my close friend being related to me? I apologize for the way I have been acting. I guess I just don't know how to react to this but I promise you that I'll try my best to interact with you better. Okay?" He finished.
"Okay." I said "I am sorry for taking things the wrong way." He nodded at my reply and we carried on with the ceremony.

·.¸¸.·♩♪♫♫♪♩·.¸¸.·¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! More coming soon!