VAIPOE

It felt awkward at first talking to Maiana but we still managed to have a conversation. "I heard you like painting and dancing?" I signed to her as I took a bite out of my food. "Would you mind if I showed you one of my paintings?" She asked excitedly.

"Sure." She quickly pulled out a painting, there were mountains and a lake combined with beautiful trees. "That looks very nice!" I complemented her and she flushed from it. I let out a small nervous laugh.

"What are your powers?" I asked her. She then shape-shifted into a bird and came back again. "Are you going to show me yours?"

"Well...basically, I can turn people to stone and cause the target person's organs to shatter and shut off completely." I told her whilst blushing with nervousness. "Interesting. That could come in handy if you're in a battle. Sometimes I think we're so lucky that we that we are all born able to use these powers that we have but then again it's because it's always been this way since the dawn on time on this planet...and even though that, I still think I am super inexperienced and stuff like that in my powers. Maybe it's because I don't really have a reason to use them yet or I can be a bit insecure sometimes." Maiana stated and let out a breath. "What about you? What do you think?" She asked me waiting for my response. "I think it's great too but there isn't really that much of a reason as to why you should feel this way. Everyone has powers and everyone is born able to use them because of the mutation that happened to everyone's ancestors 1000000 years ago. It's useless of you to be insecure about that, no offense." I told her. Who the even feels this way? This girl is a bit confusing either that or maybe she just has weird insecurities which makes me think that she might need a therapist. "So tell me, what is it like finding out you're related to the royal family and that you're a princess?" Maiana asked.

"Oh it was very shocking. I like that I am actually a royal and stuff because I have always wanted to be royal of some sort."

"Why?"

"Because I thought I would be able to control my life and maybe help others but I am aware it's still a big responsibility to be a royal and do all that."

The bell rang and I had to sit through 3 more boring classes and wishing I could leave. The lectures dragged on and on and I am amazed at how they expect us to actually pay attention and memorize everything. My mind wandered off and landed on Haunui and how didn't see him at lunch a lot today.
I went back ho- I meant the palace. Vairani informed me that a guest from another island will come by soon. I noticed a woman who I have never seen before. I could tell that she wasn't a maid or a servant or a worker here in the palace.

"Hey, may I ask who is that lady over there?" I asked Haunui. "That's our mom's friend. She comes by every now and then. Aitoarii wants you to meet her."

"Oh, hello there, Miss Vaipoe Tehau!" She then pulled me into a hug. Huh?! What is this? What is she even saying? I don't even know the name or the face of this woman. Strange.

"Excuse me but I don't know you." I said trying to pull myself away from her embrace.

"Oh, silly me! This too is the first time I've seen you! I have heard so much about you!"
I didn't know to reply to that. This was weird.

"Anyways, we need to talk." Aitoarii told me and we both got into the meeting room with the rest of our siblings.

✯  . ·  •.✷               ✵*·
    •     *✸     •   *.  °    
·            °   •  .°•   ✯✯  
   ★ *     °     °·  
.   • °★ •

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! More coming soon!