04: The Water Bending Master

A month later

"Happy Birthday Yue! I got you something and I know you will like this."I smiled as I pulled away from her hug and handed her a small box, she giggled at my childish behavior and opened the small box.

"Matching bracelets. You've got a moon and I've got the sun."I said as I gave her a small smile which made her giggle and hand me her bracelet so she could I could help her put it on, I happily accepted and once I had clipped hers on she did the same for me.

"Princess Yue and Miss Xai, you are wanted by Chef Arnook."Yue nodded her head and stepped into the boat, she helped me in as well.

"Mmh what's going on there?"I asked as I looked at the commotion in the city, I then noticed that there was a boy that was staring at Yue whilst blushing which made me smirk and giggle.

"What?"Yue asked as she looked at me strangely but I giggled and shrugged my arms.

When I looked next to the boy I noticed the little boy I saw in my dreams which made me widen my eyes and stare at him.

"Wha--I know him."I whispered as I couldn't stop staring at him and his arrows

---

"Mom, it doesn't make sense how can there be two Avatars, did you not sa--"

"Yes and I am just as confused as you Xai, Alright. I'm not an Avatar specialist honey. Maybe it's safe to tell Chef Arnook."My mom whispered to herself which made me look at my bare arms, the same arms I could show to anyone.

I was quite jealous of that little boy because he was getting all the attention in the world because he was the Avatar.

---

"Tonight, we celebrate the arrival of our brother and sister from the Southern Tribe. And they have brought with them, someone very special, someone whom many of us believed disappeared from the world until now ... the Avatar! We also celebrate my daughter's sixteenth birthday. Princess Yue is now of marrying age!"Chef Arnook announced which made me applaud and nudge Yue in response which made her smile and nudge me back.

"Thank you, Father. May the great Ocean and Moon Spirits watch over us during these troubled times!"Yue announced which made me cheer and clap for her.

"Now, Master Pakku and his students will perform!"I rolled my eyes once I saw the old man but applauded with everybody else.

"Hi there. Sokka, Southern Water Tribe."The boy from earlier on greeted as he leaned towards Yue as I was in between them both.

"Very nice to meet you."Yue politely said as she bowed and gave him a small smile before she turned back to look at the performance.

"So ... uhhh ... you're a princess, huh? You know, back in my tribe, I'm kind of like a prince, myself."Sokka said as he gave Yue a smug look.

"Ha, prince of what?"I giggled at the water tribe girl and stared at Sokka with amusement.

"A lot of things! Do you mind? I'm trying to have a conversation here."Sokka said as he gestured towards Yue.

"My apologies, Prince Sokka."I giggled at the girl's sarcastic remark before I looked at Sokka.

"Listen, Sokka right? I see that you're interested in my best friend so why don't we swap seats, my name is Xai by the way."I said as I gave him a small smile.

"Xai? That doesn't sound like a water tribe name."I looked at the girl from earlier on as I swap my seat with Sokka.

"That's because I'm not from here, as you can see I'm the thorn amongst the roses especially with my dark skin."I joked as I gave her a small smile which made her giggle.

"Well I'm Katara and this is Aang." Katara said as she gave me a small smile which made me smile and nod slowly "Do you bend?"

"Something like that, yeah."I said as I gave her a small smile which made her furrow her eyebrows "You got any questions?"

"Well yeah, I'm a water bender and I was wondering if I could be--"

"Forget about it. That grumpy old man does not believe that a woman must water bend."I said as I rolled my eyes and glared at the man that was still performing for us.

"Maybe we can talk to him or something."Katara said as she looked at me with a small smile.

"You don't understand, teaching a girl waterbending here is forbidden."I sadly said as I gave Katara a frown which made her shake her head.

"That's ridiculous."Katara said as she crossed her arms in frustration.

"Maybe the Avatar will gain you access."I sarcastically said before I took a sip of my tea.

***

"Did you enjoy your party, Yue?"I asked as I walked her to her room she blushed and nodded which made me smirk "So, Sokka huh?"

"He's just a friend."Yue mumbled which made me roll my eyes in response.

"That's because that stupid fiance of yours is in the way."I said which made her look down and shake her head.

"I thought you said that you were the only Avatar." Yue muttered making me frown as I thought about Aang.

"I thought so too but apparently not, I'll speak to this Aang imposter, maybe he's a fire nation spy or something."I joked as I crossed my arms which made Yue laugh and shake her head.

"Oh yes that innocent boy is a fire nation spy."

"They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, Yue."I said as I crossed my arms and stopped right by her door "I've got to go. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Aren't you going to bed? Your room is that way?"Yue asked as she looked at me suspiciously which made me bit my lip.

"I need to go meet that Aang kid."I lied as I looked down at my boots.

I actually had to go train with Master Kei, we were keeping it a secret and she made me promise not to tell anyone not even Yue since it was forbidden for me to learn waterbending.

"Don't hurt him."She joked which made me roll my eyes and pull her into a hug.

"Goodnight, I love you."

"I love you too."she said whilst giggling slightly, I smiled and walked away from her room to go meet Master Kei.