05: Aang

"Uhhh ... Hi. Are you Kei?"I frowned once I saw Katara's saddened look.

"Are you here for the healing lesson?"Master Kei asked as she gave Katara a bright smile.

"I guess I am."Katara said as she looked around the hut.

"Welcome ... welcome!"Master Kei said as she placed her hand on Katara's arm "Since you are the same age as Xai, you may sit next to her and she can help you."

"Lady luck wasn't on your side?"I asked as I gave her a small smile, she frowned and nodded her head as she took her her coat "I have been fighting this fight for awhile now."

"I'm sorry you had to go through that but maybe we can do it together? Talk to the Chef--"

"They won't change anything Katara, I've tried got many years."I said as I looked down at the doll and began to circle the water around the pressure points "I'm sorry."

"So, who's the lucky boy?"I asked as I looked at her necklace.

"Huh?"Katara asked as she looked at me in shock which made me giggle.

" Your betrothal necklace. You're getting married, right?"I asked as gave her a small smile but she immediately shook her head.

"Ah, No. I don't think I'm ready for that yet. My grandmother gave my mother this necklace and my mother passed it down to me."Katara explained which made me nod my head.

"I recognize this carving! I don't know why I didn't realize sooner; you're the spitting image of Kanna."Master Kei said as she looked down at Katara in awe.

"Wait, how do you know my Gran-Gran's name?" Katara asked as she looked up at Master Kei with confusion written all over her face.

"When I was about your age, I was friends with Kanna. She was born here in the Northern Tribe."Master Kei explained as she gave Katara a small smile and stared off in the distance probably thinking back to the old days.

"She never told me."Katara said as she looked down at her necklace.

"Your grandmother had an arranged marriage with a young waterbender. He carved that necklace for her."Master Kei explained as she gave Katara a small smile.

"If Gran-Gran was engaged, why did she leave?" Katara asked as she looked down at her necklace.

"I don't know. That's always been a mystery to me. She left without saying goodbye."Master Kei sadly said as she looked down at the necklace after a few seconds she just walked away which made Katara and I look at each other sadly.

***
I sighed in pure content as I walked in the city center alone, tonight I had no training because Master Kei said she wasn't feeling well, I think the whole story about Katara's grab-gran affected her, Yue was getting ready for her date with Sokka so I was all alone this afternoon but I didn't mind.

I sighed as I took off my gloves and sat by the edge of a stream and began to water bend, I didn't even hear footsteps approaching me but I heard a young boy's voice pipe up.

"Hi! We met at the--you can water--"

I cut him off by charging towards him and covering his mouth.

"Please don't finish off your sentence."I begged as I slowly removed my hands from his mouth.

"You were, how? Isn't it for--"

"Aang I'm the Avatar."I whispered as I looked down at him which made him look at me strangely before shaking his head.

"No' I'm the Avatar. Are you trying to make me forget that you could wa--"

"Shhh don't say it alright? But yes, I am the Avatar and I have been having dreams about you. I thought it was pointless but now I see."I said as I looked at him but he looked skeptical which made me frown "You don't believe me."

I then shook my head and showed him a flame which made him step back in shock.

"Do you believe me now?"I asked as I swiftly made the fire ball disappear, he nodded his head frantically.

"I don't get it, how do you know how to fire bend?" he asked as he looked up at me weirdly.

"Do not tell anyone but I was raised at the fire nation. My mother was the fire lady's sister and she helped my mother and I escaped so I could to different nations and learn other elements. I know fire bending and a bit of water bending, unfortunately I don't know any air bending and earth bending yet."I explained as I frowned and looked down at my boots.

"I can teach you air bending if you teach me fire bending and water bending."he said with a big smile on his face which made me smile at his infectious smile.

"I am just an amateur bender, Aang. I have nothing to teach you."I whispered back as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Then travel with us."Aang responded cheerfully as he gave me a small smile which made me frown.

"Aang I can't just leave."I sadly said as I looked down.

"We can end the war together. I now understand why there are the two of us because we need to help each other out, one of us can't beat the fire lord alone."he explained which made me feel overwhelmed and shake my head and step away from Aang.

"I'm sorry Aang."I said as I slowly walked past him and sped walk toward the palace.

Maybe he was right but I cannot just leave my mother behind and I cannot leave Yue behind, she is my best friend but I know if she heard me declining this offer she would yell at me but I couldn't just leave.

Although my main goal was to master all the elements and end this war.