12: The Swamp

"Xai?"Katara muttered making me blink a couple of times before I tried my best to revert my focus from the swamp below us.

"Xai are you alright?"Katara asked as she placed her hand on my shoulder making me nod my head before I looked up at her.

"Something is kind of calling me im the swamp."I responded making Katara look down at the swamp oddly.

"Maybe its because Aang keeps trying to go down to the swamp."Sokka pointed out as he stopped rubbing a whetstone against his machete.

"What? I didn't even notice."Aang muttered as he snapped out his trance.

"Are you noticing now?"Sokka asked making me stare at the swamp intensely.

"I know this is going to sound weird, but I think the swamp is calling to me."Aang responded making me nod my head as well.

"Me too."I muttered in response as I felt drawn to the swamp.

"Is it telling you where we can get something to eat?"Sokka excitedly asked making me roll my eyes slightly.

"No, I think the swamp wants us to land."I responded making Aang agree.

"No offense to the swamp, but I don't see any land there to land on."Sokka responded as he shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know. Bumi said to learn earthbending I would have to wait and listen, and now I'm actually hearing the earth. Do you want me to ignore it?"Aang asked as we all looked down at the swamp.

"I don't know. There's something ominous about that place."Katara responded as we watched momo hide behind the Appa's saddle.

"Okay, since everyone feels so strongly about this, bye swamp. Yip, Yip!"Aang said dismissively but I felt weird about not stopping at the swamp.

Suddenly I heard the sound of a tornado which made me look back to see a tornado right behind us.

"You better throw in an extra "yip"! We gotta move!"Sokka panicked making Appa try his best to fly faster.

As the tornado begins to move closer to Appa, the wind pulls Sokka right off from the saddle. Katara manages to grab his hand, holding him back from flying into the tornado.

"Sokka!"I yelled as I grabbed Katara's arm to help her pull Sokka back.

Aang jumps up onto Appa's saddle and creates an air shield around Appa, stabilizing the air and allowing Sokka to fall back into the saddle, uninjured.

The wind sucks Appa, who is still protected by the air shield, into the tornado.

Aang struggles to maintain the air shield, however as it shrinks, one of Appa's legs slips from the protective air, which broke the protective shield.

We all fall off Appa, and land roughly on the ground which made me groan as I stood up and water bended the mud off me before I helped Katara up.

"Where's Appa and Momo? Appa! Momo!"Aang called out as he jumped up tree tops to look for them.

"Sokka, you've got an elbow leech."Katara pointed out blankly making Sokka scream frantically.

"Where? Where?"he asked as he moved around in fear.

"Where do you think?"I asked as I crossed my arms and stared at the elbow leech that was sitting on his elbow.

"Why do things keep attaching to me?!"He asked in anger as he snatched the leech off and tossed it away.

Aang, Sokka, Katara and I decided to move around the swamp and Sokka was chopping up vines with his machete which made me wince.

"We better speed things up."he muttered as he continued to cut up vines.