Chapter 13- Wolfsbane Decisions

Evelyn let out a burst of laughter as she ran onto the train, her arms outstretched in exhilaration. She was free.

"Are you alright?" Sev stood in front of their compartment, his expression unreadable.

Evelyn dropped her hands, rushing over to her twin and enveloping him in a hug. She felt a faint prick of tears against her eyelids as she squeezed them shut.

"I always knew there was something freaky with you two," Sirius interrupted with a raised eyebrow as he walked past the pair. "A bit incestuous."

"YOU. ARE. DISGUSTING." Evelyn slammed the compartment door in the Gryffindors face before she collapsed on the ground, her face buried in the carpet. "Never mind, just kill me now."

"I thought they were your friends?" Severus snorted, rolling his eyes as he took a seat. "You never listen to me."

"O hail the wise one!" Evelyn grabbed his hand mockingly, her eyes flashing with mischief. "I must kiss his feet."

"Shove off," Severus pushed her away, but not with his usual strength. Evelyn eyed him curiously.

"What happened?"

Severus looked down, his dark gaze uncertain and she frowned. Her brother never backed out of the chance to taunt her.

"What?"

"I think I did it."

"Did wh.." Evelyn's eyes widened in shock and she took a step backwards. "The Wolfsbane potion?"

Severus twisted his robes as he recited different ingredients to himself under his breath. "It should work but.."

"Sev," Evelyn smiled, throwing her arm around his shoulder. "I have complete faith in you."

Her brother smirked, quietly pleased. "It could even help Looney Lupin."

"Who?" Evelyn's eyes widened. "No." She shook her head as she took a seat slowly. "You don't think.."

Severus rolled his eyes, pulling out yet another Potions book. "You're the werewolf, Eve. You tell me."

---

"Miss Snape?"

Evelyn's head snapped up to see Slughorn standing over her with a disappointed expression. "What?" she stammered, running her hands through her hair. "Sorry."

The Potions professor sighed, shaking his head. "I expect better from you, Evelyn. You never have trouble paying attention."

"Dork," Sirius coughed from where he sat behind her.

Evelyn aimed a kick at his leg and James let out a yelp. She turned around with wide eyes to see the bespectacled boy rubbing his shin moodily. "I am so sorry!"

"Whatever," James grunted, looking away.

Evelyn bit her lip. In the two weeks classes had resumed, she and James had not spoken a single word and the silence had only grown increasingly painful.

"Good aim, Snape," Sirius retorted sarcastically.

Evelyn stuck out her tongue, sending him a filthy look.

Sirius licked a sugar quill casually. "Real mature."

"MISS SNAPE!"

Evelyn jumped as Slughorn stood by her desk once more. "Sorry Professor," she squeaked, feeling the tips of her ears burn.

"Since you are so intent to disrupt my class today," the man looked down at her irritably. "You can brew a double batch of today's potion."

Evelyn grimaced, a sinking feeling in her stomach. This was going to take forever.