-: 70 :-

For the first time in his whole career was Kim Taehyung absent from a celebratory party of drinks and fancy clothes, bars and music, socializing and small snacks served on platters by waiters.

For the time time was he out of spotlight and banquet halls, attention set on the small details rather than the big smile he had to pose for cameras.

For the first time in his career was Kim Taehyung enjoying the celebrations his way.

He was in his apartment, dressed in a hoodie and sweats, takeout warming in the kitchen warming tray. His hair was messy and hairspray-less, face bare and real.

There was some soft songs playing on the apartment speakers, humming through the halls and hovering into the ceilings, the air was warm and tingling his fingers with anticipation.

He was a nervous wreck inside. He was good at hiding it, rather effortlessly, but he hadn't been so nervous in ages.

He was both scared and excited for the reaction of the younger, wanting time to speed up to his arrival, but also slow so he could clear his head beforehand.

This was it. He had put his heart into that song. He'd never even released a song before and here he was, doing it for someone.

His special someone.

"Hey, Jimin." Taehyung mumbled into the phone speaker, leaning against the kitchen counter with a hand rubbing at his wrinkled forehead.

"Taehyung, you okay? You sound stressed."

"I'm so nervous. Has he left yet?"

"Just stepped out like five minutes back, Prince." The man sounded so casual and Taehyung envied him. The model was so clueless with what he was doing. He hadn't been around non-celebrities in a long time. Not this close.

And, sure, he was oblivious of his own effect, but he knew how he felt. Jungkook was not just a friend and he was partly terrified of the feeling.

"Tae, it's okay," the man comforted. "I'm heading to the release party in a bit, but you know if either of you need anything, just call."

The model had been in contact with Jimin a lot during that past day, planning and making sure things were perfect because that was one thing he had to do in order to ease some of his worries.

What better person to help him perfect the surprise than the person who knew Jungkook best?

"Yeah, got it. Thank you so much." He lodged the phone in between his ear and shoulder, the strain on his neck negligible, as he opened the warming tray to make sure it was working for the nth time that night.

"Just be yourself." Jimin chuckled. "This is a gift to him, isn't it? So let him absorb it. He's going to cry, but trust me, he will absolutely adore everything. He's a sucker for these gestures."

"What if it's not comparable to previous gestures he's received?"

"You're joking, right? Taehyung, no one has ever done something like this for him. This hangout or whatever you're calling it, not to mention the freaking song. When I say he's a sucker for it, it's based off the shit he sees in movies."

Taehyung laughed at that, felt his nerves ease. "Movies aren't real, he's making a mistake placing his heart there."

"You have made his life a movie, Taehyung. God, you're so thick in the head. Both of you, I swear."

"Easy for you to say." The model blushed, unable to hide that rush of blood to his glowy cheeks. "How long has it been?"

"Like three minutes, chill, Taehyung. You're so antsy right now."