-: 42 :-

30,778 likesjjungkookie & @parkthatjiminshi taking a break from packing boxes :)

30,778 likes
jjungkookie & @parkthatjiminshi taking a break from packing boxes :)

view all 8,533 comments

bookmonnie he's so pretty
jjungkookie @bookmonnie just come collect him you live like two minutes away😭

parkthatjiminshi i think im going to break my back while packing WHY IS IT SO HARD

jacksonwang852g7✔️ the way im so excited

sunshinehobi✔️ 🤩🤩🤩

kookieboi_ packing BOXES?? wHY??? are you moving??

chimmychim hes BEAUTIFUL BUT WHY ARE YOU GUYS MOVING

minimoni4life UH ISNT JOONIES BOOKSTORE THERE WHY ARE YOU MOVING

taekookie- why have you and tae been so quiet :((

taetaebae_ are you still talking to tae??

"I think I'm going to lose it if I keep seeing comments about him." Jungkook groaned, getting up from the ground and nudging a stray box away so he could walk to the counter where his water bottle was. "It's been two weeks, and now I know I should just forget about it."

"Kook," Jimin sighed. "Don't think irrationally, he probably needs time—"

"Not even a hello, Hyung," the younger's voice cracked. "He clearly wants nothing to do with me. I don't know what I was thinking, to be honest. Me, a photographer from Busan being acquainted with the top model in all of Korea? Ugh, I sound stupid just saying it out loud."

"You didn't ask for it."

"I probably dreamed of it some time ago."

"You don't know that he wants nothing to do with you," Jimin reasoned. "Maybe he's just keeping a low profile for now."

"Low profile?" Jungkook frowned. "He posts so often and the news is all over his work. I don't think he's keeping a low profile."

"Let me rephrase that," Jimin tapped his chin. "Low personal profile."

"Does he not know how much I miss him?" Jungkook disregarded the elder's words. "It was so nice to talk to someone in a completely different world than me, to get to know him, past camera lenses and magazine pages I looked at all the time— I was seriously stupid. I'm a nobody to him."

"Okay," Jimin scolded. "Settle down, Jungkook. Don't put words in his mouth and don't belittle yourself like that."

The younger quieted hearing Jimin raise his voice.

"He called you at his worst state." The elder reminded. "Not his closest friends, you. He has to have some reason for cutting you out like that. I know there's no way he's doing this because he thinks you're a nobody."

Jimin paused and stood, walking over to him to rest a hand on the photographer's shoulder. "You said it yourself anyways; if Taehyung decides that he doesn't want another person like that in his life, you'll respect it."

"I know, I know," Jungkook huffed. "It's just easier said than done, and also impossible to think anything but the worst."

"Dwelling on it won't help your packing, Kook."

Both best friends turned to the apartment's front door, a tall man standing there, showering in his thick winter coat. Jimin was moving to Namjoon's side in an instant and relieving the eldest of his bags of food, the delicious smell wafting its way to Jungkook.

"Hey, Joonie," Jimin kissed his cheek and took the bags to the kitchen island, avoiding boxes like they were laser beams.

"Hi, baby," the eldest hung his coat and closed his door, walking over to Jungkook who was dazed in thought. "Hey, bun, seriously. I know you miss him but there's a lot on your plate right now."

"Hoseok-shi is giving us lots of updates too," Jimin called from behind the kitchen counter as he grabbed plates from a cabinet.

"You're right," the youngest sighed. "These boxes need to be finished soon. How was work, Hyung?"

The role-model for Jungkook smiled warmly at him and shrugged, fixing his shirt. "Quiet. It's nice and cozy, so I just take my time and schedule author visits amongst the occasional buyers."

That relaxed life was what Jungkook thought he wanted for ages. Namjoon was so content with his bookstore he had worked to open, a loving boyfriend, amazing friends... Namjoon was his role model for so long that he hadn't had dreams except freelancing and living a small inconspicuous lifestyle.

But then... he had seen how far he could take his work. He could work with the most respectable people in the industry, learn so much from them and also grow his platform.

It was weighing growth over comfort, or comfort over growth.

While comfort was Namjoon's biggest goal, Jungkook had quite differing standings. He loved challenges and beating them. He loved the thrill of playing with big shots in video games, he loved keeping up with trends and he loved experiencing the celebrity world for his photography.

His dreams were too loud for quiet Busan, and his heart craved for growth and challenges rather than the comfort of home.

That's why he didn't want to give up on Taehyung. He knew he could help Taehyung if the model just gave him the chance, but it had to be a want that Taehyung reciprocated.

You could guide someone forever, but it was up to them to follow.

He had utmost respect for Taehyung, hiding all his pain and giving himself up to the world, but he knew everyone had a limit. He didn't want Taehyung to suffer a breaking point, he wanted to save the elder before that.

"You've done all you can for now," Jimin pushed him towards the dining table that had been laid out with takeout. "If he wants to give it a second chance, he will."