-ten-

"oooo pickup linesss!" daniel squealed a little as kendra told him about jonah's little act of flirting. jayda blushed and bit her lip, looking down.

after agreeing to the 'double date' jonah had asked her on, the brunette couldn't get him out of her mind. jonah was going through the same thing, but he hadn't stopped thinking about her since the day they met.

"shut up." jonah blushed as well, very embarrassed. he didn't know how jayda felt about him and definitely didn't want to make things more awkward.

soon, their food came, four burgers and fries. the group began eating, talking and laughing. jonah and jayda would glance at each other once in a while.

"i'm going to go to the bathroom" daniel said after they finished their meal. he noticed how they kept looking at each other.

"me too." kendra nodded and the two got up. they disappeared into the back of the restaurant leaving jonah and jayda sitting in across from each other in the booth.

"look. i'm sorry about almost kissing you the other day. i guess i just felt something between us. i don't know." the boy spoke when she looked up.

"well," jayda smiled softly, "i felt something too."

"really?" jonah was taken aback by her words. he knew she was shy and would never say anything like that unless she was completely sure. jayda nodded, a deep blush covering her cheeks. "can i kiss you?" she nodded again.

the two leaned forward over the table, their lips meeting gently. jonah smiled into the kiss as did jayda. after a few moments of fireworks, he pulled back.

"we should probably stop before daniel and kendra completely freak out." he smiled. jayda smiled and nodded after reading his lips.

"y-yeah you're right." she stuttered, still amazed by how right the kiss felt.

-

"so, um, are you free tomorrow? or the next day?" jonah asked as he dropped jayda off at the entry to her apartment building.

"well, i have to work until two tomorrow, so what about after that?" a soft smile placed itself on her lips.

"yeah." jonah smiled as well. "that sounds perfect. i'll pick you up at three?" jayda nodded and softly kissed his cheek, and then disappeared inside. the boy walked back to the car where daniel was waiting, a stupid grin still on his face.

"sooooo?" daniel wiggled his eyebrows after jonah got in.

"well, i'm picking her up tomorrow at three." he buckled his seatbelt as his friend took off.

"ooo! how exciting!" daniel teased. "where are you taking her?"

"don't know yet."

"i have an ideaaaa..." daniel smirked. jonah rolled his eyes but let him continue. "you could have a picnic at the beach! and then give her a smooch on the lips."

"shut up." jonah blushed smacking daniel's arm.

"what? it's a good idea!"

"yeah...it really is." jonah mumbled to himself.

-

eh i don't really like this chapter but i also have writers block so you get whatcha get

how are you guys doing?

✌︎︎➪