PUMPKIN! ALT ENDING

a/n: hello! im discontinuing the elite and writing an alternate ending to pumpkin! please read the last chapter of the elite for more info, i love you guys sm. now get ready for the alt last chapter. :)

—————

august 1

I knocked on the door to David's house before it immediately swung open to reveal my sister.

"Charlie?!" I yelled.

"Ava?!" she yelled back. She grabbed my arm and pulled me inside, then embracing me in a hug.

"Why are you here?" I asked. She pulled away from the hug.

Well, Zane and I..." Zane walked up behind her, throwing an arm around her shoulder.

"Are dating!" he exclaimed, finishing the sentence for her. I raised my eyebrows.

"Congratulations?" I congratulated them, still a little confused how they ended up together, but I decided not to ask questions.

"Why are you here?" she asked.

"I moved here with Jack, did mom not tell you?" I responded.

"No!" she exclaimed, sounding betrayed.

"David! Ava's here!" yelled Zane.

"I'll be there in a sec!" he replied. David walked into the room and held his arms out for a hug. I did as well and we hugged for a few seconds before letting go. I kicked off my shoes and left them by the door. I then started talking with David as I followed him throughout the house.

—————

I soon went home after, and by home I mean the Traphouse. I wasn't necessarily settled into my apartment yet, and I didn't consider it home. Even though I legally lived there now, it would never be considered home as much as the Traphouse.

—————

As soon as I walked inside the house and the click of the door echoed, Colby ran to the door and engulfed me in a hug. I hadn't been able to spend much time with him the last few days.

"I missed you, pumpkin," I stumbled back a bit, but I kicked the door shut with my foot and rubbed Colby's back.

"I missed you too, bubs." He let go of me and gave me a peck on the lips.

"So no one's home right now, they decided to go shopping. Boring, am I right?" he joked.

"Shopping? I could never!" I played along. He laughed.

"Also, I know you just got home and this sounds kinda cheesy, but the sky is really pretty tonight, would you want to go out there and stargaze?" I smiled so big. It was definitely cheesy, but it was cute.

"Of course." I answered, kissing him on the cheek.

—————

"The sky is pretty," I agreed as I adjusted my head on Colby's chest.

"Never as pretty as you." he remarked. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"You're such a flirt, Colbs. Get another hobby." I chuckled.

"But it's true," I turned my head towards Colby.

"I love you so much, Colby. I hope you know that." I spoke. He leaned his head up and smiled.

"I love you too, pumpkin." he responded. He took strands of my hair and started playing with them, twisting them around and trying to braid them, just like I taught him.

third person pov

The two lovebirds could've never been happier. Great friends, family, and an amazing significant other that would be by their side for a long time. This was no 'high-school sweetheart' relationship. It was so much more, more than they would ever know.

'Pumpkin' was a cute nickname that Colby thought of a while back, and it stuck. Same with 'bubs'. It secretly meant so much to them both. Ava loved being called 'pumpkin', it made her feel so loved. Colby loved the nickname 'bubs' because of the same thing. They both never loved anyone else more. Everything was perfect,

and it was great.

Colby felt Ava's breathing slow down, and soft snores were heard. He leaned up and kissed her forehead, ever so softly and whispered two words,

"Goodnight, pumpkin."

And that was only the start of their story.

the (ALTERNATE) end

a/n: thank you for nearly 50k reads on this!! i love you guys so much, and im sorry about 'the elite'. i feel very bad but i hope you guys can accept my decision! this book was SO MUCH FUN TO WRITE!! i got some friends along the way which made it even better :]

sorry for the self-promotion, but i now have another account! you dont have to follow it if you dont want to, but here it is!

-RANBOOZLED

I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS SO MUCH,, MAKE SURE TO DRINK WATER AND TREAT YOURSELF! <33