n i n e t e e n

ava's pov

I was waiting for Colby to come back when I saw someone familiar sit down next to me. I couldn't tell who it was because of how shit-faced I was.

"Hey Ava? Remember me?" The person said. It was a girl. I squinted my eyes and then shook my head after being unable to recognize the girl. "It's Emma." There were faint memories that rushed through my head, but I couldn't focus on them since I wasn't thinking straight. I definitely remembered her. Some thoughts became clear and I remembered her a lot more. She was my ex-girlfriend from high school. I loved her and she loved me but she broke my heart and left me. It's really hard to believe because I've only told a few people. Bryce and Tara already knew since we went to high school together. Tara and I told Jake. My brother, Jack knew because he still lives in Maryland, while Charlie moved to California right after high school. Also, Sam only knows because he overheard me and Tara talking shit about her. At the moment, I forgot what Emma did. I didn't think anything of her weirdly just being in the same area, her sitting next to me, and then flirting with me for 10 minutes.

—————

Soon enough, she was leading me upstairs. I then ran to Colby's room and jumped on the bed. She giggled and closed Colby's door. Then she stripped so she only had her underwear and bra on. Finally, a voice in my head told me to stop. I didn't listen to it though. Emma crawled on top of me and kissed me. Being ignorant, I kissed back.

colby's pov

I gasped at what I saw and Tara did too. A girl was laid on top of Ava, in her underwear, kissing her. The girl stopped and looked back at me. So did Ava.

"Colby!" Tara yelled as she yanked me back. Ava had the most scared look in her eyes. Tara stomped into the room. "Get off of her!" Tara yelled at the girl. The girl looked horrified when she saw Tara. She got off of Ava and put her clothes on. She made a "call me" hand figure towards Ava. "No!" Ava watched the girl as she ran out. I stepped into the room and softly shut the door. Ava looked back at me and started balling.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" She cried. I walked over to her and hugged her.

"There is nothing to be sorry about." I whispered. I kissed her forehead. "It's okay Av."

"I- I- I don't know what happened! I'm sorry!" She cried, breathing quickly.

"Shh. It's okay. You did absolutely nothing wrong." I whispered. She wiped her eyes and flipped so she was on her stomach. She cried into the comforter on my bed and I rubbed her back. "You should get some sleep. We'll talk in the morning." I took a t-shirt and joggers out of my drawer and laid them next to her. "Tara can you-" She nodded. I left the room and closed the door behind me. I tried to process what I just saw. I would've never thought.

—————

About five minutes passed and there was a lot of crying coming from the room. I frowned at the sound of her. Tara soon came out of the room.

"Why were you yelling at that girl?" I asked. I closed the door so Ava couldn't hear.

"Because, that was her ex that dropped her in high school. Remember the mall when she wouldn't tell you stuff? Well that's what she was talking about. Ava is bisexual. And that was not a good way to find out." Tara explained. "I'm guessing she moved to California. That stupid bitch came back to Ava once she saw how popular and famous she is. Fucking clout chaser." She said the last part under her breath.