21: And I didn't want to be the cause of her frown

Trigger Warning! This chapter contains detailed scenes that may be a trigger to certain people. These scenes consist of the following sensitive topics: eating disorder, purging disorder, mental health. If you are suffering, recovering, or recovered from an eating disorder, this chapter may be difficult to read. Please, keep your mental health in consideration before deciding to continue.

***

''This is a good pizza'' Tara moaned, mouth full of cheese.

''True that!'' Sasha happily munched on her Hawaiian pizza slice.

It's disgusting.

It tastes like pure calories.

You know that, right? Tina, you know that, right?

Just wait until you look in the mirror tomorrow. Just wait until you step on the scale. You'll definitely know it then. So go on, continue, at your own risk.

I shook myself out of my thoughts, remembering I should be acting normal.''Yeah, it's really good'' I joined in, still on the first slice, whereas the girls already ate half of their pizzas.

Aaron was watching my every move, eyes squinted like a frickin' detective.''Meh, could be better. Right, TT?'' He asked me, a blank expression on his face.

He knows.

He'll tell everyone.

Convince him.

Do it.

''No, it's good. I just feel a little nauseous from all that wine'' I shook my head, hiding the fact that I was incredibly uncomfortable.

''Jeez...give me that then'' Tara scoffed, taking his pepperoni pizza away from him.

He had ordered us each a small pizza, which nearly made me faint. But I had to keep the act up.

''No!'' He pulled his pizza away, scolding her.

As they started to bicker, I stared down at my box. My eyes darted over every slice, my mind racing with calculations. I felt dizzy from the overwhelming thoughts so I placed the box down, hands trembling a little.''I feel sick'' I lied and raced to my bedroom's bathroom, locking the door behind me.

I forced myself to throw up, relieved when I saw the remains of my pizza slice at the bottom of the toilet. I couldn't even keep that down for 5 minutes. It was getting worse. It was getting out of control. And I didn't know what to do with myself anymore.

It's fine.

You'll be beautiful.

You'll make him see you.

You'll make your mother see you.

You'll be the pretty girl.

I brushed my teeth and strolled back out into the living room, surprised to see Aaron was nowhere to be found.''Where did he go?'' I asked the girls, who were curled up on the couch, watching an episode of 'Friends'.

''He freaked out and left'' Tara replied, shrugging once.

''Did he say anything?'' I frowned, my heart racing at the thought of him telling them anything about what he thought I was doing. I mean, he was right. But I didn't need the girls thinking the same thing too...

''No, he just left. I'm thinking Brooke texted him again, or something. Why else would he freak out and bolt?'' Tara sighed.

''Who's Brooke?'' I wondered, remembering Austin's threat.