35: And I thought I was single

Austin's P.O.V

I watched the girls enter the bar, oblivious to where we were sitting. Tina walked with confidence, flicking her beautiful red hair over her shoulder. My eyes traveled down her body, mesmerized by how damn attractive she looked. She twirled in front of the girls as they discussed their dresses, I guessed. Tara gushed, examining Tina's appearance. 

My jaw clenched with anger on instinct, as about 10 male heads turned to gawk at Tina. I was ready to rip apart every one of them, just for laying eyes on her. She did a little happy dance and suddenly, all my anger vanished with one look at her happy ocean eyes. Man, the things she can do to me, the power she has over me...It's insane.

''Chill, bro'' Caleb punched my arm lightly, noticing how uptight I was all of a sudden.

I shook my head, looking away from her to calm down. For some reason, I could never be chill around her. I was either angry or ready to rip her clothes off. There was no in-between. She made me feel anything but chill. And somehow, I fucking loved that about her.

''There you guys are!'' Tina's smile lit up my world as they finally found us. I couldn't take my eyes away from hers. They were so pure, so bright, so full of life. I loved staring into them. ''Talk about finding the most discreet spot'' She chuckled, her light-hearted tone drowning out all other noise. I gulped, my palms becoming sweaty all of a sudden.

''At least they did one thing right...'' Sasha muttered with a scowl on her face. Nothing new there. We were used to her constant lectures. She still loved us all, though.

''Sash, stop'' Caleb groaned, taking her arm to pull her towards him. I watched as my friend worked his magic, flashing her a million-dollar smile. The signature Caleb smile. ''Let's have fun tonight, okay? We can deal with the rest later'' He murmured to her.

She avoided his gaze with gritted teeth, ''Fine. But only for Aaron. That poor guy needs some action in his life''.

I snorted.

''First of all, you make it sound like I'm a 40-year-old virgin! And secondly, What's going on with all of you?'' The annoying piece of sh- I mean, Aaron, asked.

I refrained from rolling my eyes at the sound of his voice. I just couldn't stand him. He got on my last nerves and I couldn't handle it even if I tried. But I won't. I didn't care enough to try.

If only Tina didn't care about him so much...

''It's nothing. Just a little fight between the lovebirds!'' Tara lied shamelessly to her brother. I was convinced that Tara was the only normal Kingsley. Well, that's a bit unfair...I don't know her parents. But she was definitely better than the know-it-all Aaron Kingsley. ''Now, let's get this party started!'' She cheered cutting my thoughts off.

Tina observed everyone, clearly anxious about something. I knew that she would be paranoid about the whole thing. That was her problem, she cared too much about everyone and everything. I shouldn't have told her all that about Jared.

''C'mere'' I muttered, pulling her to my chest. Whoa, Austin, in front of everyone? Getting shamelessly open, are we?

She placed her hands on my torso, smiling down at me in her usual innocent way.

It was strange, seeing her above me. I was used to being at least two heads taller than her.

Imagine her ontop- no.

I couldn't let those thoughts into my head because if I did, I wouldn't be able to get them out. That's just how I'm wired. And she's too innocent for me to act that way with her. She's different. And I had to respect that. I do respect it.