XIII) The move

Word count: 504

"Don't leave its my fault, cause when it all comes crashing down I need you"

-Earfquake : Tyler The Creator

Giyuu's pov

"Why?"

I had a chance to be with them, I had the opportunity to call them mine.

When I first saw Y/N, they seemed like the sun coming out after gloomy rain. I instantly fell in love with them. Maybe that's a stretch the whole "Love At First Sight" thing but it was the way they talked and acted that made me fall.

That dinner was the first time I have opened up to someone since Shinobu. I would've never told anyone weeks after meeting them but with Y/N it felt right.

Everything they said and did made me feel like a toddler safely in the hands of their mother.

"Creepy analogy," I whispered under my breathe as I was still sitting on the couch putting the pieces together.

A few nights after I asked them, "would you ever date someone in the work setting?" Maybe I was a bit too obvious..

That's probably the reason why at the prom night I brought up my wife. I knew if they didn't know and I pretended to not have one that it would lead to problems.

"I wish it would've led into problems, I would've been happier with someone on the couch rather than here alone," I muttered.

The moment I introduced them to Shinobu, I knew. I knew they didn't like her, I knew it was risky but I had to shut all feelings off.

Then I saw them with that one dude. They seemed happy talking about their past relationship.

"What if they jump into his arms instead?" I worried.

Then our final night together, happy. They left in tears as I left in guilt.

I confessed to them that night not expecting them to do the same.

"The moon is lovely, isn't it?" A famous poem which turned into confessions from couple to couple.

They didn't know it thankfully, but sometimes I wonder what would have happened if they did know.

"Giyuu I need to be honest with you. You may have an amazing loving wife and a really healthy family but I can't help it. I cant help but want to be with you all the time, I cant help wanting to see your smile, I can't help the fact that I love you. I know it's a lot but so truly am in love with you and I haven't felt like this in so long,"

The most meaningful confession I've ever heard, my eyes watered wanting to say the words back. It took every bone in my body to deny the truth.

I shot them down.

My reasoning were valid. I get called selfish yet I was putting everyone's feelings ahead of mine.

"I wish I was selfish,"

————————-
I'm speed running these chapters rn so I am so
Sorry for any spelling errors or like sentences not making sense. Also AOT part 3 ?!?! WHAT