XV) The one

Word count: 669

"Maybe one day you'll feel lonely, and I'm his eyes you'll get a glimpse"-glimpse of us : Joji

-glimpse of us : Joji

Giyuu's pov:
First person

It's been 2 years, 2 years without them.

2 years hearing about how well they're doing without me.

And maybe that's dramatic for me to say since I ended it, but everyday I wish I could go back and erase what I said.

I just finished teaching a class as I sat and stared out the gymnasium window.

I heard foot steps walking towards me but just assumed it was another student.

"There's no extra credit work you can do to raise your grade," I sighed.

"Is there any work I can do to raise back our friendship?" A soft voice asked.

My heart jumped thinking it was a hallucination but I looked up and there they were.

"Y/N?! What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Filling in for one of the higher grade teachers it's crazy seeing the kids younger siblings grow just like them!" They smiled.

"It truly is, main reason why I love this job so much. Seeing them grow up healthy and happy is truly a privilege," I added.

We sat in silence for a second.

"Do you still think back to how we use to be?" I asked out of the blue.

"Um yeah! That's the main reason why I'm here. Hopefully I'll get it back," they shared.

I just stared in confusion waiting for them to add on.

"Y/N, i have something to admit and if I say it I can't promise that you'll still want that," I warned.

"Go for it, if it gives me a reason to keep trying, I will" they spoke.

"I was always in love with you. Ever since I saw you, ever since I made you laugh, ever since I saw you smiling. I knew... I knew I wanted you but I couldn't have you. So the day you confessed and I acted like a dick I'm sorry. Everyday I wish I could've taken it back, everyday I relive what we could've been if I had just been selfish. Everyday I am reminded of you, and I know you're happily married to Douma and I understand that but if there's anything left in your heart for me please just don't make the mistake I made. Do what your heart wants not his," I confessed as a single tear ran down my eye.

"Giyuu.. I will always love you and you know that but I don't think I could ever put myself through this again. You already showed me what it felt like to be in love and I'll forever be grateful and want that but I need to know that my choice on leaving you was right. I cant keep thinking that I dropped everything for you for nothing," they answered.

"I wish we were 2 years younger and this would've been right but as of now I can't, so either your my friend or we're back to nothing" they toned staring at me dead in the eyes.

"I'm sorry for wasting your time but it seems we're back to nothing," I sighed walking to the gymnasium doors.

No words were said but I know they looked back. I know they were hoping for me to crawl back into their life by the way they sighed and their facial expression.

So I ran.

I ran back to them. I grabbed their face quickly and gave them one kiss.

Just one kiss.

One kiss, one smile, one laugh and I'll be full of happiness. Then I can say goodbye.

One hand against their cheek why the other pulled them close. Our lips touching one another as we both parted with a smile and a giggle.

"Just like I wanted," I continued to smile.

"You are and will always be the one,"

They said as we both went separate ways right after.

The one that got away

——
WOWOOW SORRY FOR THE LONG UODATE