four

scary movie

scary movie.
chapter four

CHERRY FELT LIKE AN EMPTY VESSEL OF A BODY

CHERRY FELT LIKE AN EMPTY VESSEL OF A BODY. Somehow, it felt like her heart had been torn from inside her chest, her head resembled that feeling you get when you stand onto your feet too fast— then stumble to the ground. Her brain was on overdrive, the words that the static voice of the killer repeated over and over again in her head— like a tape that had been rewinded one too many times.

The new academic day rolled around and the heaven-sent daughter of Woodsboro was the epitome of a wondering zombie. This time, no amount of concealer could hide the damage so she made zero attempts to cover the damage. Cherry's ears picked up on the hushed attempts of conversation concerning her appearance, yet made a consecutive decision to ignore the whispers. Cherry Valentine may have appeared to be present that day, but her mind definitely hasn't been.

The class bell pierced her ears and Cherry wondered aimlessly through the school hallways. Her eyes lacked focus, no ounce of light spotted in her bright blue irises. A warm enveloped her wrist, her vision cleared up and her sight was set directly on the boy, Billy Loomis. "Woah, slow down Cher."

Cherry shook her head, "Sorry, Loomis." She looked up at him, his features were shrunken together. He was worried, that she could tell. "I wasn't looking where I was going."

"You walked straight past me." He pointed out. From the first glance towards the swollen flesh around her eyes, Billy knew something was wrong, "Wanna talk about it,
Doll?"

Her entire body stiffened— A similar sensation to the first time the infamous murderer had muttered the same words into her eardrum. A ringing travelled through her brain, the waterbeds of her eye almost drowned with water. Without uttering another words, Cherry pulled her arm from his grasp and stormed away from Billy.

"Cherry!" The boy yelled after her, "Cherry, please calm down and tell me what's wrong!"

He stopped her again, Cherry turned back to face him and accepted the familiarity of his touch. Billy Loomis made her feel safe. "I'm sorry." She admitted, burying her head in the space between his head and shoulder.

His hand reached up and rested on the back of her head, "Please, tell me what's wrong. I'm worried about you."

Cherry figured it was just another misunderstanding, the fact he had repeated the exact nickname used by the man who plagued her thoughts. Her gaze jumped to his hand as he reached and held her left cheek, "Billy?" She breathed out.

The girl watched how his eyes studied the damage her traumatic event had cursed her with. Billy rubbed his thumb under her eye, wiping away the unwashed mascara the stained her cheek. The two were inches apart, moments away from pushing their lips against the others but the timing was inappropriate.

Someone cleared their throat from behind them, "You two lovebirds gonna stand and stare at each other all day?" Stu called out.

Billy's eyes darkened, "Piss off, would you?"

Cherry scoffed and stormed away from the two teenage boys. In result, the boy punched his blonde friend roughly on the shoulder before he chased after the girl again.

"Cherry!" He cried out in frustration, "Just wait!" He grabbed ahold of her arm and pulled her back to him.

She yelled in his face, "I don't get what you want from me, Billy!"

His frustration grew more as the conversation went on,
still he would never allow her to walk away from him, "I want my best friend back, you've been so different lately." He complained.

"Oh! So you're going to make this entire situation about you? God, I can't believe you right now!" Cherry huffed, pulling her arm away from his hold. Which only tightened at her attempted exit.

The skin around his hold reddened, "Look I miss you, Doll."

"Could you stop calling me that?" The teenager screamed, she tugged her arm roughly but couldn't escape the hold of the boy. The skin under his grasp began to scorch the soft pink, she whimpered at the pain, "Billy, let go of me!" She begged.

Billy Loomis released his hold of the girl, finalising the last moments of Cherry Valentines downfall without even realising— She had crumbled away, he just couldn't fathom how.