Held

a/n fun benny pov for a chapter :P

Benny noticed something was off with Emilie.

She had picked a fight just in the morning and then got in a fight with the group, but she still seemed really upset, storming off to their room.

She used to meet his glances with a narrow look, full of spite and fire, now there was something unknown behind her eyes.

Emilie didn't talk to him much, instead of keeping to herself. Benny found it unnerving, they didn't talk much before but this was worse, it made the house feel like a tomb.

They both stayed up pretty late that night because it was the eve of Beth competing but Benny went to bed before Emilie. Benny turned off the lights in the room and tried to sleep but he couldn't fully relax until he knew Emilie was okay.

He tossed and turned for about an hour until the light outside turned off outside, he then held deathly still pretending to be asleep. His eyes were closed so he didn't see anything but unlike the previous nights where he would just feel some rustling beside him. That was all he remembered until he woke up, but tonight was once again different instead of facing away from him at first like she normally did, she crawled in and wrapped her arms around him and held on tight.

She held on so tight it almost seemed like she was scared he would float away. She held him like she was scared she would never see him again. He could feel her crying against him, he didn't know why, but despite everything that had happened he turned around and held her, held her so she wouldn't fall apart.

-

The next day had gone pretty normally, all things considered.

Everyone had come early to just check over all of their work to be sure it would be helpful to Beth, and they tried to get what information they could about how the match had gone so far. Due to the time difference, what was the morning for them, and was the afternoon for Beth.

Benny was the one who dialed and heard a voice on the other end. He had called Townes to help be sure their messages got to Beth.

Benny then heard a familiar feminine voice, "Hello?"

"If he goes for the knight, hit him with the king rook pawn," he said surely.

"Benny?" You could almost hear the smile in Beth's voice.

"If he goes for the bishop, do the same thing, but open up your queen file,"

"How do you know?"

"It's in the times," Benny clarified.

"You're a big deal Beth!" Emilie said, trying to make her voice loud enough to be picked up by the receiver.

"Who's that?" Benny handed the phone to Emilie.

"Hello my favorite sister," Emilie couldn't help but smile, and that made Benny smile too.

"My turn," Harry whispered, and Emilie handed it to him, "Hey Beth,"

"Hi Harry, it's really nice to hear your voice," her voice was breaking a little.

"Oh well hang on," Harry put the receiver out so everyone could talk into it.

"Hey Beth!"

"It's Matt."

"It's Mike here,"

"We're so proud of you,"

"Hey, assholes this is costing me a bundle!" Benny said, quieting everyone else. "Beth, listen to me, you gotta open up that queen file okay?"

"How do I do that?"

"You got it handy?"

"Yes I do,"

"Okay let's start with his knight to rook four. We push that king knight pawn, you got that?"

"Yes,"

"Okay I'll pass you back to Harry," Benny handed the phone over and then something unexpected happened, Benny felt a hand grab him and intertwined itself with his. He looked down to see his hand in Emilie's lap. One of her hands held his while the other one was fiddling with his bracelet. When he gave her a questioning look, she just gave him a warm smile.

After everyone shared what information they had to offer, Benny ended the call with,

"Go beat him,"