17. Sora

Today is the day that everyone in the supernatural world will remember that today was the day the world changed.

Kane had been a true leader when it came to protecting his pack, family, and me.

Neighboring packs and packs from around the world had heard what had happened in The Vale.

The news spread like fire and everyone knew what was happening and who was in control.. and it wasn't Lila Grinmorte but a not-so-new player.

The pack has never been so tense yet lively, filled with packs and Alphas.

The testosterone in here right now is very uncomfortable.

"I hope they get him!" Amanda snarls from beside me.

I sigh. "Me too."

"Lucas has not slept in weeks, with all these packs and authority council members from the Vale taking camp in Deepwater, it's like war is inevitable." Amanda says and I feel sick.

I excuse myself and run for the bathroom. Shutting the door I kneel and empty my stomach into the toilet.

"Holy shit Sora are you ok?" Amanda says knocking on the door worried.

"..yeah.." I say before I throw up again, more heavily.

"I'm gonna mink-link Kane-"

"NO!" I say quickly. "Please, it's just stress.." I say as I sit against the wall on the floor and catch my breath. "Please!" I beg.

"Sora I can't he is my Alpha... and I am looking aft-"

I tense on the floor. "You already called him?" I ask bewildered. "He is too busy for this manny!" I say glaring at the door.

"You have been throwing up for a week, I am starting to worry..  you should have told him a week ago Sora!" She says and I groan.

I have felt like shit for weeks but only recently started throwing up.

The pit in my stomach churns at what I already know.

I'm pregnant.

I found out a week ago and I have not told Kane, not when he is so busy running multiple packs and training wolves for an unstoppable war, all while he is barely sleeping and managing all this.

I definitely did not want to worry him when he has so much going on to protect me and his people from being slaughtered.

Everyone has basically put their lives in his hands and that pressure alone makes me terrified for him, I could not do what he is doing with ease.

"He's on his way Sora, you should talk to him.. I will be back tonight.." Amanda whispers against the door.

I steady my heartbeat and the urge to throw up at knowing Kane is on his way and I will have to tell him. Oh fuck why am I so nervous about him knowing.

Oh yeah, because of what is going on in the world right now..

A part of me is terrified.

The other is excited to have a life growing inside me, a part of me and Kane.

Not too long later I am splashing my face with water and unlocking the door.

I hear Kane's voice before I see him.

"SORA?" His concerned voice echoes from downstairs.

I sigh. "Up here!" I yell back. And I hear his heavy footsteps coming up the stairs.