18. Kane

Bodies.

Blood.

Exhaustion.

It has been exactly 4 days since I found out my mate is pregnant. Exactly 4 days that I was made king of my kind and the human realm.

Since then a lot has changed.

Human leaders joined forces with my kind, wolf, fae, vampire, and others who choose to stand up and fight back with me as their leader.

At first, it was hard. Humans did not trust easily and neither did my kind. Since human weapons did not work on our kind they practically kneeled before me and begged for us to save them.

Typical humans acted big when they had no clue what lurked in their shadows and now they do, the weapons they had for protection are completely utterly useless and will not work in the war.

Fae uses swords, laced with magic and poison. Many of our kind rely on those for protection. When all werewolves need is to transform and use our iron skin and sharp teeth and claws to defend our pack. But that is not all. I trained my wolves the same way Locus Black did in the old times.

We can shift and switch to hand-to-hand combat within a second of re-shifting. Something that takes years to master. But I require nothing but the strongest of my kind.

Maybe I knew this would happen? Or that I was just too stubborn and refused for our kind to perish and bow down to people like Aeyon Grinmorte and Orion.

I refuse to submit to such evil.

I have so much to live for and to protect that it is all that drives me to do what I have to to protect.

Protect Sora and our pup.

Our pack.

My family's reputation.

After fighting a sudden ambush deep in the forest where one of our camps set up as a look-out post. I look around and see how this is only the beginning. And still.. so much death.

I was used to it. But some were not.

Humans proved their worth with our equipment and gained our trust. Vamps, fae, and wolves are now working together with the same goal in mind.

"Alpha, we counted 982 dead, a few missing and a few dozen captives-"

"We leave none alive!" I snarl out, peering down at the warrior who nods his head.

"Yes, Alpha."

The moment I begin to spare lives is the moment I lose. History would repeat itself and all will fall. I must stay strong for my mate and my pack, the people in the human world and the Vale are now looking to me to protect them as their King.

As much as I wanted to stop all the bloodshed for my mate after finding her, I simply cannot back down and watch this happen. I have to do the hard things so my kind has a future.

I bend down over the dead body of a pack member and close his eyelids.

His death will not be in vain.

They will pay for this, that I swear on the moon goddess.

I will fucking rip his worthless head from his pathetic spine when I get my hands on him.

Aeyon, I will find you, if it's the last thing I do, the dead will get their revenge through me.

*****

"Alpha the world has come to a warzone, already captured and many dead! We need to be on the move now, we have the upper hand!" General Pyke says as he slams his palm on the war table.