7.

A humble apology for posting so late, and another apology because this chapter is going to be a little bit shorter than the rest, as always, this contains spoilers so please read at your own discretion.
-
-
-

cold air hit your skin, you opened your eyes to the dimmed lighting of the room in solid confinement, eren turned over in a bed in the corner of the room, presumably sleeping. you exhaled slowly, feeling your chest heave up and down slowly. how did you get here? why were you here? why did you want to go home so badly?

you tiredly shuffled in your corner of the room, looking out toward the wall, where cell bars separated you from the outside world. a small bit of sunlight would shone through a tiny window on sunny days but not much could light up the whole place. now, only the moon looked directly at you.

you pondered your thoughts, looking down toward your eldian arm band, which by now, was covered in dirt and debris from the attack eren had initiated a few days back. you wondered why you even followed gabi to paradis in the first place. not only had she almost gotten you and falco killed, it was the fact that she was completely okay with it too. gabi was hard to understand most of the time, you didn't exactly hate her for it, but one thing is that she for sure knew how to work your nerves.

and now, you're stuck with two warrior candidates that you have to protect on an island with people whom you've previously turned your back on. if it meant being rewarded a hero's welcome, you'd do it all over again, but the conflict between where you truly belonged and where you wanted to belong worked it's way toward your thoughts. you turned to the side, facing the opposite wall closing your eyes slowly.

this was it, this was your karma, this was how you were going to die. confined with the monster you created, eren jaeger. by now, you'd accepted whatever consequences were displayed out for you, you had nothing left to devote yourself to. not udo, not zofia, not porco, not reiner. part of you wished you could see reiner stand in front of you, with open arms, calling out to you for your rescue, and yet some dreams stay unreached.

that was, until you heard eager footsteps down the hallways coming closer and closer toward you. you didn't bother to look toward the sound, too worn out by the previous events to even care anymore. "y/n," you heard a whisper, causing you to shift your eyes to where the voice came from. out of the corner of your eye, you could see 2 figures standing in front of the bars that separated you from them.

you finally, slowly turned yourself over to the sound of your name, now looking at falco and gabi, who seemed to be extra quiet surprisingly, considering falco and gabi bicker endlessly, if not once or twice on a good day. "look what we've got!" gabi half whispered, dangling a key in her hands, earning a swift elbow from falco, warning her to keep quiet.

immediately, her eyes focused on the man in the room with you, noting his features. falco shoved her back and took the keys from her, fiddling with the lock for a few minutes before it finally gave in. he carefully opened the door, letting you out and hugging you in the process. gabi looked at you before you pat her head, causing her to lean into you a bit.

"we have to go," falco broke the silence in a whisper, pointing towards eren's body, his chest gently rising and falling. you hesitated for a brief moment, was this the last time you'd see eren? why were you taking so long? so many thoughts raged your mind, until you clenched your teeth and nodded toward falco, taking both his and gabi's hand and making your way toward any possible exit quietly.