8.

Hello! This chapter won't contain much spoilers, as it will only be a flashback, so please proceed with caution given some spoilers! Also,, you might wanna listen to "time adventure" i think it goes well with this chapter.
-
-
-

"say y/n, what do you think is beyond the walls?" eren turned to you, looking up at the starlit sky above the both of you. you shuffled into him, sighing while looking up at the sky. you felt strong pressure in your chest, it hurt you that you had to lie to him about everything. you hated to admit, but you felt yourself slowly fall into a hole that only you dug yourself into.

"i'm," you paused, looking at eren, his features shined beneath the moon, making him look almost god like. his eyes reflected the moon and stars in them, you felt your heartbeat race among looking at him. "i'm not sure," there was a comfortable silence between the two of you, before eren spoke up. "whatever is out there, i hope you'll be with me to see it."

you smiled at him, resting your head on his chest, hearing his heartbeat sync with your steady breaths. "y/n." you heard him once again, making you turn your head, your chin now resting on his chest, looking at him once more. "i know this sounds stupid but- promise me you won't die." you arched your eyebrows, tilting your head.

"why?" your voice quietly spoke, making eren's face turn a shade of red that was only distinguished in the light of the moon shining beneath the two of you. "because, i want to grow old with you someday, maybe get married." you seemed taken aback at first, staying silent before smiling at eren, gently letting your hand rest on his cheek, to which eren's face heated up at your sudden action.

"are you asking me to marry you, eren?" you giggled out, smiling at the blushing boy beneath you. eren basked in the moonlight for a few moments more before nodding his head at you eagerly, sitting upright and holding your face in his hands, how nice his hands felt. "yes, let's get married and grow old together someday, i mean it."

in that moment, bertholdt, reiner, and annie crossed your mind, causing you to stay silent for a few painful minutes before you snapped back into reality, feeling eren's thumb caress your cheeks slowly. "i would like that, very much." you smiled at him, seeing eren chuckle lovingly at you, bringing your face into his lips, kissing your forehead, and then you. it lasted a few seconds before you heard reiner and bertholdt call after both of you.

"you guys should go to bed," reiner spoke to eren, patting his shoulder. eren nodded, a bit dissapointed your moment was ruined. he stood up with you, hand in hand, gently dragging you along. you looked back, seeing the disappointment on bertholdt's face, which made your chest painfully clench. you knew eventually your time with eren would come to a wretched end, but you didn't want it to. not yet.

just a minute more, just a day more, just a year more. for the first time, you felt yourself torn between two worlds, your homeland and eren. your friends. you didn't want to have to choose between them, because you knew in the end, you'd choose eren over anything.

unfortunately, that was far from the truth.

-

"the sunrise is pretty isn't it?" armin spoke to you, making your eyes travel to his. you slowly nodded, you soon saw eren and mikasa, joined by sasha connie and jean. the sunrise while sitting on top of the walls were pretty, you had to admit. you'd really miss this place, your friends, especially eren.

eren wasted no time in shaking his way between armin and mikasa to stand next to you, earning snickers from sasha and connie. you felt his hand linger next to yours, your pinkies touching delicately. you smiled at the small gesture and intertwined your fingers together, taking in the small details of his hand. it was soft on his palm, and got rougher at his fingers.