002.

002. pretty campfire songs

CADIE DIAZ was not about that life currently. ironic she says life when she'd literally sang something she was now calling a 'death song' and had basically had almost died. ok, maybe that's too dramatic. but cadie seriously felt like she'd almost died. the flashes of the feeling of the poison (which by the way, thankfully wasn't poison) flowing through her body had burned her throat. or that's what it felt like. she tried to protest her friends as they slung one of her arms over their respective selves and tried carrying her to chiron. with cam complaining as they went.

"gods cadie you are the most irresponsible person i've ever met. you obsess over jackson too much, it's infected you! you've gained his stupidity!" he complained.

"percy is not stupid!" she quickly defended with a croaky voice, "he is quick on his feet!"

"last year after he came back from the quest i saw him pull a 'push' door," cam spoke in a flat tone.

"i do that too!"

"you see what i mean?" cam added in an exasperated tone, "i knew it. maybe i should start calling you dumbass."

"cam!" whined cadie weakly.

"and this is episode three hundred and twenty-four of cadencia maria diaz whining, join in next time!" interrupted lilly, her fake presenter voice way too exaggerated, causing cadie to let out a weak giggle, only to start coughing and lilly to quickly rush out a, "shit, sorry !"

"speedy you dumbass," sighed cam, "c'mon, try not to step on any plants whilst we get there. you know it hurts the nymphs feelings."

"says the guy who literally went full psycho like, a few moments ago," teased lilly.

"we don't speak about that," defended cam, "and anyway one of those fuckers literally took my leg."

"that's- no he has a point," nodded lilly.

"what are you guys-?"

"shit i forgot about cadie," lily suddenly said, walking faster as she added, "c'mon. chiron awaits."

cadie was starting to feel better when they finally chiron. although, better still wasn't passing the 'i'm ok' line. she kind of hoped cam and lilly would stop babying her. it was cute, and kind of adorable to see her friends actually cared for her so much. but it came to the point where they took longer discussing how they should carry her over a fucking puddle (yes, you read right. a puddle) because they were scared she'd slip.

"guys i'm not dead," she complained.

probably the wrong choice of phrasing. the two of her friends stared at her, cam sent her a frown and grumbled a few words in ancient greek that cadie knew chiron would not approve of, and lilly was genuinely frowning. instantly, cadie felt guilt cave into her, and she mumbled out a quick, "sorry."

how insensitive, she grumbled to herself, you're such a dumbass cadencia diaz. maybe percy jackson has rubbed off you.

and for some reason, when she said that, she sort of felt a bit tingly, a little warm. and suddenly she wondered if she had a fever, because she swears to the gods her cheeks are not meant to feel that warm and she is not meant to be feel like she could practically achiever lift off. it's a strange feeling. and she wants it out. now.

if you can't tell, cadie often doesn't get her way, because the feeling stayed, and only seemed to diminish when she heard the calm and smooth voice of chiron, who was packing his bags.